By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guide for graphics whores. Open source, so suggestions of course welcome.

I don't like this list.  #1 starts off well and then it gets worse from there.  It's feels as though the author got confused after #2 and forgot what he/she wrote in #1.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't like this list. #1 starts off well and then it gets worse from there. It's feels as though the author got confused after #2 and forgot what he/she wrote in #1.

You think a) this is a serious list, and b) graphics whores are that consistent in their arguments anyway? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
I don't like this list. #1 starts off well and then it gets worse from there. It's feels as though the author got confused after #2 and forgot what he/she wrote in #1.

You think a) this is a serious list, and b) graphics whores are that consistent in their arguments anyway?

I think it could have been something more interesting than the pititful attempt at humor that it turned out to be.

I also think that prioritizing graphics over other factors is a fair viewpoint.  It's not a view that I would personally agree with, but I don't doubt that there are many people who value graphics above other factors.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I think it could have been something more interesting than the pititful attempt at humor that it turned out to be.

I also think that prioritizing graphics over other factors is a fair viewpoint. It's not a view that I would personally agree with, but I don't doubt that there are many people who value graphics above other factors.

You insist on fair viewpoints, but not only are you twisting this to be bashing anyone who prefers graphics, when it isn't, you are also declaring your own personal taste in humor to be authoritative, when you know damn well humor is subjective.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I also think that prioritizing graphics over other factors is a fair viewpoint. It's not a view that I would personally agree with, but I don't doubt that there are many people who value graphics above other factors.

You insist on fair viewpoints, but not only are you twisting this to be bashing anyone who prefers graphics, when it isn't, you are also declaring your own personal taste in humor to be authoritative, when you know damn well humor is subjective.

I am not bashing people who value graphics highly, your OP is.  Perhaps you're confused.

Also, my taste in humor is authoritative.   

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I am not bashing people who value graphics highly, your OP is. Perhaps you're confused.

I didn't write you were bashing. Look at my last post again. 

LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

I am not bashing people who value graphics highly, your OP is. Perhaps you're confused.

Come again? *points at bolded part*

Edit:  So I reread your OP, did you just edit in that line about not bashing anyone?   

At any rate, it's about like saying "I don't mean to be rude but..." and then proceeding to be extremely rude.  Saying you don't intend to do something and then following it up by doing what you just said you didn't intend to do doesn't work so well.  ^_^ 

man, that is so true.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Come again? *points at bolded part*

Edit: So I reread your OP, did you just edit in that line about not bashing anyone?

At any rate, it's about like saying "I don't mean to be rude but..." and then proceeding to be extremely rude. Saying you don't intend to do something and then following it up by doing what you just said you didn't intend to do doesn't work so well. ^_^

You see those links in the OP, particularly about onlin play, survival horror, and anti video games? Read those, and you'll see where this came from.

And I had the line about not bashing from the beginning, even in that blog post I wrote before this. 

BTW, this is not bashing people who like graphics, because I actually like good graphics. I think the new screens for games like Gears of War 2 look really cool. Yet I also look at the game in overall terms. Those who seem to not care about other aspects, are graphics whores.