By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guide for graphics whores. Open source, so suggestions of course welcome.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Dunno, that's up to each reader to decide for themselves. I'm sure there are people who get offended by anything and everything so you're bound to offend someone somewhere. Best not to worry too much about it.

Well I was just asking if you understood.

Anyway, do you have any suggestions for this list? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I know the whole grammar thing has already been settled, but it wasn't like everyone was sure about it. I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to grammar, so I thought I'd lend some aid. The comma in the quotations is unnecessary. It's a quote, not dialog. The two do not work the same.

For three, you CAN NOT separate two independent clauses with a comma. That is called a comma splice and is grammatically incorrect. They can be separated by semi colon or period ONLY.

For six and nine, while it is a complete sentence without the separated portions, removing them changes what the sentence means. Thus, they are essential and should not be set apart by commas. Obviously, you aren't trying to say people in general are Philistines or something ridiculous like that.

Hey! I just noticed your "correction" of the mistake that started all this. "Those who seem to not care about other aspects, are graphics whores." is still wrong; the remaining comma is also incorrect.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Forgot about dialog and comma splicing. Thank you, and I corrected those as well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

theres going to be trouble when the wii fanboys see this being ass there console has no graphical power whats so ever when compared to the HD consoles

Around the Network
obieslut said:
theres going to be trouble when the wii fanboys see this being ass there console has no graphical power whats so ever when compared to the HD consoles
lol wut?

That might be the stupidest thing I've seen you post, and I've seen you post before. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
obieslut said:
lol wut?

That might be the stupidest thing I've seen you post, and I've seen you post before.

Well his stupidity is clearer in HD.  

You know, after all this time, I still don't have a tenth item.

I have to say I find this post hilarious. Two pages of gramatic corrections. I love it.

SpookyXJ said:
I have to say I find this thread hilarious. Two pages of gramatic discussion followed by corrections. I love it.

Here are some more corrections.

Buy that's done with, and if you don't have anything to contribute to the list, then please leave.