By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guide for graphics whores. Open source, so suggestions of course welcome.

This is so not what I expected to find upon returning to this thread. 

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

Anyway, did you see those "Ten Golden Rules" lists, that inspired this? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

5. Only rarely reply to damning figures.

Crysis did dismal sales. The Wii is kicking ass. The cost of graphics is skyrocketing. What do you think of those facts? You don't think of them. You can't think of a proper counter (not a true one, just one that will shut them up). So you'll just ignore it until you can think of something.

No need to respond to such sales figures, technical marvels like Crysis, aren't here to sell well, they're like prototype cars, or clothes on a runway. They are here to set new standards in visual entertainment. These games create new understandings in the development world, pioneer new technology, every game that gameplay whores love where they overlook graphical prowess bare some mark of older pioneering graphic games. A game like Crysis is a gift to the entire community as it will pave the way to good gameplay/crap graphics games 10 years from now. 

fooflexible said:

Crysis did dismal sales. The Wii is kicking ass. The cost of graphics is skyrocketing. What do you think of those facts? You don't think of them. You can't think of a proper counter (not a true one, just one that will shut them up). So you'll just ignore it until you can think of something.

No need to respond to such sales figures, technical marvels like Crysis, aren't here to sell well, they're like prototype cars, or clothes on a runway. They are here to set new standards in visual entertainment. These games create new understandings in the development world, pioneer new technology, every game that gameplay whores love where they overlook graphical prowess bare some mark of older pioneering graphic games. A game like Crysis is a gift to the entire community as it will pave the way to good gameplay/crap graphics games 10 years from now.

Dude, this is not a serious list. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Anyway, did you see those "Ten Golden Rules" lists, that inspired this?

I don't think so.  I've read far far too many lists of ABC/XYZ, but I don't recall that name.  Link?

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
fooflexible said:

Dude, that wasn't a serious response. I was going along with the whole graphics whores can always excuse poor sales, because they can act like  they are a God's gift to the gaming world, my praise saturated comments were sarcasm, but now you ruined it, as I have to explain the joke.

fooflexible said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
fooflexible said:

Dude, that wasn't a serious response. I was going along with the whole graphics whores can always excuse poor sales, because they can act like they are a God's gift to the gaming world, my praise saturated comments were sarcasm, but now you ruined it, as I have to explain the joke.

My bad. Sorry. If only more had gotten it, like you and rolstoppable.

As for words of Wisdom, the links are on the second line of the OP. 

LordTheNightKnight said:

Oh that.  I read that a while ago.  I usually don't bother with links in posts if I see more than 3 of them.  

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Oh that. I read that a while ago. I usually don't bother with links in posts if I see more than 3 of them.

But do they make it clear that this list is entirely in jest, and not meant to mock anyone? 

LordTheNightKnight said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Oh that. I read that a while ago. I usually don't bother with links in posts if I see more than 3 of them.

But do they make it clear that this list is entirely in jest, and not meant to mock anyone?

Dunno, that's up to each reader to decide for themselves.  I'm sure there are people who get offended by anything and everything so you're bound to offend someone somewhere.  Best not to worry too much about it.