By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Square Enix Trademark: The Last Hope

Looks like after FFXII they are still planning to rip Star Wars off...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Is it determined what platform this game will be on?

@soriku

LOL!!

at least FFXIII or what we know of the story so far seems NOTHING like a Star wars Rip-off

Soriku said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2008/05/12/searching-for-square-enix%e2%80%99s-%e2%80%9clast-hope%e2%80%9d/

We’re fresh out of Dragon Quest DS remakes to associate Square Enix new trademarks with. So, what could the Last Hope be for? A subtitle for Star Ocean 4? Nah, that’s too reminiscent of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Perhaps the Last Hope is the US title for Nanashi no Game, the Square Enix horror game where the protagonist plays a cursed RPG. It’s a striking difference from the literal translation, Nameless Game, but it feels feasible. Maybe it’s something brand new? Maybe, as with all trademarks, it might never be used. Square Enix never got around to releasing Code Age Commanders, which was trademarked in the USA.

---

New IP please.

Reminds me of the movie 'Stay Alive'.  Cheesy, but good!  Also, since Square always makes great games, I could see that being awesome!

Another theory: maybe it's a PS3-exclusive and the title signifies their chances on the system jk

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The "Last" Remnant

The "Last" Hope

Is THIS turning into a franchise??

Like "Tales Of"

maybe "Last" is a keyword!!

Around the Network

Where does it say Nintendo? This belongs in the gaming section.

Why is this in the nintendo section when the platform is undetermined?

final fantasy was their last hope once

''Hadouken!''

Because Soriku posted it, and he wants it to be on Wii. (No offense)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

If squeenix continues to impress, they will bring me back around to absolutely being in love with them and everything they develop, like back in the soft ole days.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.