By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Square Enix Trademark: The Last Hope

It's surprises me how few people know anything about Square Enix's Torneko: The Last Hope. So the DQ remakes probably aren't through just yet.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Around the Network

Mmm new ip, I really think it may come to Wii, biggest userbase in Japan and is the only console that is selling right know [in JPN]

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

ZenfoldorVGI said:
If squeenix continues to impress, they will bring me back around to absolutely being in love with them and everything they develop, like back in the soft ole days.

I hear ya 100%. After playing "The World Ends With You" on the DS I have regained alot of faith I had lost after the merger. (Mainly due to FF XII)

Let us hope this is a new IP, or as it was pointed out in this thread, a possibly franshise. "The "Last" Remnant" looks to be very promising, so if it is to be a possible franchise let us hope it does not disappoint.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Maybe it's about me. I just got a fortune cookie fortune that read "Among the Lucky, you are the chosen one."

I think that means I'm the Highlander or something.

Seriously though... don't game companys do this all the time and very rarely does it ever come to something... and even if it did we likely won't know for 6+ months.

darthdevidem01 said:
The "Last" Remnant

The "Last" Hope

Is THIS turning into a franchise??

Like "Tales Of"

maybe "Last" is a keyword!!

Maybe! Good thinking!

Around the Network

As long its no remake, a good game, fantasy, atmosphere, wonderful gameplay and story, I honestly don't care what it is, except of the genre "(Action/)RPG(/Adventure)" Plus available for WII, PS3, PSP or DS

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

^^ Another DQ spin-off?

I'm guessing that Soriku did the right thing putting it into the Nintendo forum if it's indeed a DQ spin-off.

Noooo another spin-off

:/

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy