By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Prediction League Top Earners

With the update I´m now first in winnings ratio and fifth in winnings, very good.

Around the Network

thanks. I did take your suggestions into consideration while making this new layout. Any suggestions anyone has are always appreciated.

The biggest thing right now that would help the prediction league is more people pushing it. Out of 24 rounds, only 1 in 54 players have entered at least 1 half of the rounds, and only 1 in 12 players have entered 1 quarter of the rounds.

If you come up with any ways to increase participation, let me know and I'll talk to ioi about it and see what we can do.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

so do i stand in here somewhere?:D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Machina-AX said:

Main suggestion:

Make it more rewarding for users to take part in terms of VG$. Your stats in the OP show that on average people actually lose money by taking part, which is a bit perverse if the idea is to encourage participation.

I think this is the main reason for lack of participation - there needs to be a level of reward on a par with posting or game database contributions. If on average the league 'takes', for example, $10,000, it should give out a minimum of $11,000 (or whatever ratio is deemed appropriate).

People need to be able to see that the prediction league is a way of making VG$ and at the moment, with the exception of the few high earners at the top of your charts, they don't.

Another reason is the long gap between making your prediction and getting your winnings back. I'm not sure whether this can be helped though as the numbers are regularly adjusted after they are put up and I assume that's why it takes so long.

I think the 3rd major reason is that often there is a very small window between being able to submit your predictions and the round being closed. Often it's 2-3 days. Perhaps an extra day would give people more chance to submit their predictions, but again as with my 2nd reason I'm not sure how practical this is.

For the payout issue, the big earners tend to bet on everything, while the people who lose slightly is because they enter 0's for lots of fields. The biggest losers just bet plain wrong all over the place. There supposedly is a slight payout, but only ioi knows how it really works. I sometimes wonder if the payout is messed up because of all the 0's left in fields. If you don't feel like betting on something, you should just put the average in, as you'll make your $5 back.

As for your second reason, only ioi can fix that. It was supposed to be they update 1 week after the numbers come in, but sometimes they don't update.

3rd reason, I agree and is easily fixable, but it might be a few weeks before that happens. I've talked to ioi, and I may be actually working on the prediction league, but we'll have to wait and see. If that happens, then I plan on opening the rounds on Friday/Saturday so you'll have ~4-5 days to look over the numberes and make a bet. Also, if you submit games that you think should be on the current weeks rounds (especially Japan) it would make it easier for whoever is making the round that week. 

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

results for May 31 were added. These will be updated again once the Japan 24th numbers come in.

There were only a few entrants for that week, but one really big earner (iclim4) who managed to jump 31 positions in the winnings category, but he is 1 round away from meeting the 5 round entry limit.

Around the Network

hey if i calculate my winnings/ bet ratio and such will you put me in?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

you were in until you got perma banned. I would have to modify the program I wrote to put you back in. If you behave and don't get banned again soon, I'll consider putting you back in the standings.

However, due to me moving, I have the program but not the source code, so It isn't an option for a little while.

How many rounds gets you in the most active users category?

Well, it is the 10 most active, so currently 13 rounds, however, this changes pretty much every week and will constantly go up. I may extend it to 20 or 30 most active. I set it to 10, as there aren't really that many people who are vocal about it as you can tell by some of the other prediction league threads.

However, if you are doing good but haven't been in 13 rounds yet, then you should be in the top 30 groups.

Pulled up 75 spots in accuracy :D

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million