By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Prediction League Top Earners

I got edged out of the top 30 partially becuase I don't understand how accuracy is calculated. Can anyone clarify this because the math does not compute using traditional methods.

Around the Network

The equation for an individual game/console is the following (based on what I remember, and taking into account how things seem to work)

Max(0, 100 - ((difference / actual) * 100))

The accuracy for a single round is then the average of all the games/consoles, so just the sum / 15. (10 games + 5 consoles).

The accuracy I show is the average of the rounds. So If you've been in 10 rounds, then sum all 10 accuracies, and divide by 10. This is the same as if you were to take the average of the accuracies of each individual game/console because each one is weighted the same.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

yea. If I ever get to do something with the league, I want to fix that.

EDIT: stupid Wii doesn't let you edit posts.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

all the rounds have come in. i'll be updating the weekly results when i get a chance.

EDIT: May 24th week is now up to date (previously missing japanese data) congrats to PDF for taking the #1 spot in payout even over those who only entered 1 round.

EDIT May 31st week is now up to date (previously missing japanese data from previous week)

I betted 10 VG$ on xbox360 having sales of 100,000 2 weeks from now.... hoping for a price cut by then

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

ok, I just got done updating all the rounds. I also (semi accidentally) changed the first post from top 30's to all entrants who have been in 5 rounds or more. Currently that is 100, however, next week as more people predict, I may have to limit it, as it gets too big.

EDIT: also, I'm in the top 5 in all 4 categories on the first page

2nd in most active, 11th in winnings ratio and winnings, and 8th in accuracy. Pretty good. It's a shame those two mistakes I had, typing enter accidentaly when I only had entered two predictions, that's sure to bring me down in the standings

Wow im at nr 86,87 and 87.

zexen_lowe said:
2nd in most active, 11th in winnings ratio and winnings, and 8th in accuracy. Pretty good. It's a shame those two mistakes I had, typing enter accidentaly when I only had entered two predictions, that's sure to bring me down in the standings

the NA Aug 2nd mistake caused you to drop 32 positions in accuracy (in the complete charts), and you have only regaind 2 so far. If it wasn't for that week, you would be #2 in the standings on the first page.

Also some other interesting things to note.

• Currently I account for 4.7% of of the $ value bet so far.
  • The next closest is montana with 1.9% of the $ value bet so far
  • Average winnings per user is now positive
  • I have made $2,516 more than all the other users combined.
  • piete only bet in the very first round and lost $873, no one has managed to lose more yet
  • piete also maintains a -90% winnings ratio, which is the worst so far
  • The average winnings for those in 5 rounds or more is $186, 10 rounds or more is $494, 15 rounds or more is $1061

nordlead said:
zexen_lowe said:

the NA Aug 2nd mistake caused you to drop 32 positions in accuracy (in the complete charts), and you have only regaind 2 so far. If it wasn't for that week, you would be #2 in the standings on the first page.

That's good to know, because I did it again in the Aug 30th predictions, so that means more position drop. I suppose I shouldn't type the numbers with the keypad