By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 - SALES Prediction Thread -- HW & SW

come on people stop being a stinking wimp all ya life and make a prediction.
Come on how hard can it be just think of a sensible number in your opinion and put it down.

Around the Network

yeah please make a prediction for GOTY 08

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

S.W 800k-1.5

HW 300K-450K

MGS4 is a hard one to predict really , it's either going to do badly or excellently.

^^ FOR WAH

I expect the HW boost to be higher the MGS pack in PS3 with Dual Shock 3 will create a moderate boost above the usual SW related HW boost.

There for I expect US numbers to match GTAs launch week but expect Europe and Japans numbers to be down from GTA's launch.

This is the second "Big Sequel" to launch do not forget R and C. This is also not the first big exclusive. It is however one of the biggest games announced in E3 3 years ago. FF XIII and MGS4.

Around the Network

Oh yeah

REMEMBER

MGS4 release is also the RE-INTRODUCTION of the 80GB model (BC) in NA!!

@darthdevidem01,

I say yes to ur prediction but I believe it is a bit low.
MGS4 is a MGS game that is a quite hardcore game.
But, this generation, PS3 is in big competition with the Xbox360 and I believe Sony will do HUGE advertising campaign to help the game (I bet it was promised to Konami to keep the exclusivty). I also believe the game should get quite good review (preview sounded very good). So at the end, taking in count the bundle and the fact the game is exclusive (all sales on PS3):

Here goes:

MGS4 - SW:

NA --- 500K

EU --- 700K

JAP --- 300K

TOTAL --- 1. 5 Million

___________-

PS3 HW:

NA --- 140K (GTA IV boost was 150K........Normal HW was 60 - 80K)

EU --- 170K (GTA IV boost was 198K..........Normal HW was 70 - 100K)

JAP --- 40K (Dynasty Warrior 6 boost was 50K BUT with a price drop.....Normal HW was 7 - 11K)

TOTAL --- 350K

(I know, my prediction is maybe a bit high ^^)

Time to Work !

darthdevidem01 said:

So 1 MONTH TO GO!!

And with the first review (OPM) being a 10/10 things are looking good...actually great.

Now to the important part....

I want to know your prediction for MGS4 SW -- Region by Region & PS3 HW in the same week region by region..

As this is the first "BIG" Exclusive PS3 game..

Here goes:

MGS4 - SW:

NA --- 450K

EU --- 700K

JAP --- 250K

TOTAL --- 1. 4 Million

___________-

PS3 HW:

NA --- 120K (GTA IV boost was 150K........Normal HW was 60 - 80K)

EU --- 150K (GTA IV boost was 198K..........Normal HW was 70 - 100K)

JAP --- 35K (Dynasty Warrior 6 boost was 50K BUT with a price drop.....Normal HW was 7 - 11K)

TOTAL --- 305K

Now YOUR Predictions Please??

great, reasonable predictions.

I'm really torn on MGS because i'm not sure whether the small userbase is gonna have a big effect or if the fact that this the biggest exclusive so far for PS3 will convince people to buy it.  Hype and timing is more important than userbase much of the time.  

Especially in Japan there hasn't been a big game in quite a long time so i'm kinda torn on how it will do especially in Japan.  

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Japan should be more if there are 100,000 bundles and if they have *presumably* sold out already. We'll just say 100,000.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@libellule

yeah cool predictions....I though I was way too low on japan...looks like you though it was Eu & NA..

@Johnsobas

yeah thats why my Japan prediction may be low...as I just don't know their response to it..

AND SONY better do a BIG advertisement campaign!