By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gametrailers comparisons are lies both versions of grid video are the ps3

SpartanFX said:
funny thing is that the one that said Xbox 360 looked better(like all other comaprison clips they did the 360 version was more vibrant)and here we are seeing that both of them were actually for PS3,,,,lool.

I think sony should watch this website closley and take some legall action for misinforming the public

Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if it came down to that. As many have said before, how many times has this happened?

I saw on multiple threads people defend them by saying "Well, they said the PS3 version of Oblivion looked better". I say of course they did, it only came out a year later with added content and polished graphics.

Personally I have been sceptical of that site for quite some time now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
SpartanFX said:
funny thing is that the one that said Xbox 360 looked better(like all other comaprison clips they did the 360 version was more vibrant)and here we are seeing that both of them were actually for PS3,,,,lool.

I think sony should watch this website closley and take some legall action for misinforming the public

Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if it came down to that. As many have said before, how many times has this happened?

I saw on multiple threads people defend them by saying "Well, they said the PS3 version of Oblivion looked better". I say of course they did, it only came out a year later with added content and polished graphics.

Oh it didn't look to much better in their comparison though. The major difference was the load times, were shorter on the ps3, I don't think gametrailers could do anything to make the loading times longer. That is the conclusion I came up with. 

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartanFX said:

Oh it didn't look to much better in their comparison though. The major difference was the load times, were shorter on the ps3, I don't think gametrailers could do anything to make the loading times longer. That is the conclusion I came up with. 

Really? I have both versions and I can see differences between the two, maybe not HUGE but obviously different none the less, which personally should have been expected. Could it really date back that far?

Not 100% sure but didn't Bethesda say themselves that the PS3 version was better graphically due to extra time for polishing, etc...?

I also think they could have edited the video to slow it down during load times to make it appear to load just as long, but if they did people would have had them figured out the moment they played the game.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartanFX said:

Really? I have both versions and I can see differences between the two, maybe not HUGE but obviously different none the less, which personally should have been expected. Could it really date back that far?

Not 100% sure but didn't Bethesda say themselves that the PS3 version was better graphically due to extra time for polishing, etc...?

I also think they could have edited the video to slow it down during load times to make it appear to load just as long, but if they did people would have had them figured out the moment they played the game.

I said that it wasn't that much better according to gametrailers video. LOL They may have changed settings with that video too, but not too much so it wasn't too obvious. Just enough so people thought the difference was small. Like me. I only have the 360 , and Pc versions so I can't really know for sure if the difference was big. 

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
SpartanFX said:

I said that it wasn't that much better according to gametrailers video. LOL They may have changed settings with that video too, but not too much so it wasn't too obvious. Just enough so people thought the difference was small. Like me. I only have the 360 , and Pc versions so I can't really know for sure if the difference was big. 

I completely understood that you were referring to the gametrailers video. I was just pointing out that with personal experience I could see obvious differences, although they weren't huge. I never saw the GT comparison video myself so I can't really comment on how different their comparisons were.

I should probably take a look at the comparison myself sometime so I could give a much more informed opinion.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Wow, that's pretty bad if they would do that to make their preferred console look better. I'm glad they've been caught out. Though I still like their website for the other videos, even if they are biased site.

Hmm so long for the journalistic objectivity...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

I found the original on youtube. I also sent in a digg submission so try and digg the hell out of it so that it hits the front page. This is important and I want a fucking explaination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFF-vCGahmU&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=

Here is a link to digg it:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Gametrailers_360_version_of_GRID_better_Uses_PS3_footage

Epic fail for GT,
again confirmed, they making x360 propaganda.
some time before they weren`t using RGB full ON, now this.

Sad, that on such site there are ps3 haters.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Game sites are paid by Microsoft to give biased 360 reviews over PS3 reviews.