By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gametrailers comparisons are lies both versions of grid video are the ps3

you guys are making such a big deal over this? wow you guys never cease to amaze me

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
It's widely believed, with substantial circumstantial evidence to back it up, that GT makes comparisons that are deliberately biased in favor of the 360 vs. the PS3. I don't think it's a "conspiracy theory" to think that this time they were a little too blatant, got a little too sloppy, and are paying for it.

Maybe it isn't true -- maybe they made an honest mistake with that last video. I'd certainly hope that they are not that stupid and lazy, even if they DO bias their videos. But I really don't think it's laughable, given their history, that it could be true.

If it was some other website, perhaps not one infamous for its huge pro-360 bias (or is it anti-PS3? -- don't know, don't care), then I would be more inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt. But it isn't that other site, it's Gametrailers.

EVERY website is known for a huge 360 and anti PS3 bias on this website.

As well as anti-wii bias for that matter.

I'll stay out of the doctored video footage discussion but people answer me this:

If GT is so pro-360, then why did Mario Galaxy edge out Halo 3 for the GOTY award 2007, and prevailed Twilight princess over Gears of War in 2006?

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
It's widely believed, with substantial circumstantial evidence to back it up, that GT makes comparisons that are deliberately biased in favor of the 360 vs. the PS3. I don't think it's a "conspiracy theory" to think that this time they were a little too blatant, got a little too sloppy, and are paying for it.

Maybe it isn't true -- maybe they made an honest mistake with that last video. I'd certainly hope that they are not that stupid and lazy, even if they DO bias their videos. But I really don't think it's laughable, given their history, that it could be true.

If it was some other website, perhaps not one infamous for its huge pro-360 bias (or is it anti-PS3? -- don't know, don't care), then I would be more inclined to give it the benefit of the doubt. But it isn't that other site, it's Gametrailers.

Not VGChartz, or Gamasutra, or Engadget (i think), or ...

But yeah, since 360 launched first and the hardcore XBox set heavily crosses over with the PC gaming set that often visits gaming websites, it makes sense that some sites would slant things to bring their clientele what they want to hear, even if untrue (like Fox News does with news....)

And then there are out and out falsehoods that never get retracted or apologized for, which have happened a number of times on  various sites, above and beyond just playing to your fanbase...

Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:

yeh i noticed that also its ridiculous really

Around the Network
Baddman said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:

2 posts in a row adding nothing.  Congrats.  Thanks for the bump on this important topic, however.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Baddman said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:

2 posts in a row adding nothing. Congrats. Thanks for the bump on this important topic, however.

But you just dd the same...

eh whatever.