By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA exclusive content (possibly) revealed: San Andreas, anyone!?!?

Its too bad there is no date on that airplane ticket. If it had said "Fall 2008" then it definetly be a clue at what GTA4:Epilogue will be.

Around the Network

can that fit on 11 gigs of space?

keep in mind to that GTA IV took years to develop, this is being developed in a few months, it won't be near the size of GTA IV, much less San Andreas, plus most 360 owners don't have that much space on their HDD, it can't be more than 3GB I think.

darthdevidem01 said:
I highly DOUBT SA is being made as DLC as 360 HDD simply couldn't handle it..

and this can't be ONLY 10 hours of content (remember they said 10 hours)...so go figure

imo this is GTA V or whatever they call it

They said "At least" 10 hours of new content per episode.  20-30 hours split over 2 episodes... seems feasable.

Stockstar1138 said:
keep in mind to that GTA IV took years to develop, this is being developed in a few months, it won't be near the size of GTA IV, much less San Andreas, plus most 360 owners don't have that much space on their HDD, it can't be more than 3GB I think.

It takes a lot less time to make something once the engine is already built and you have graphic assets already... really 70% of what an expansion would need is already made.

Around the Network

Maybe they will start with Los Santos and then another city, maybe San Fierro or las Vegas Ripoff...

If is true, those $50 millions were well expended...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
NYCbarbarian said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
itll be either huge or hugley pointless, since everyone who bought GTA4 already has san andreas

false.

anyone who is a GTA fan has San Andreas

wonder if it;s true

Snesboy said:
NYCbarbarian said:
Phoenix_Wiight said:
itll be either huge or hugley pointless, since everyone who bought GTA4 already has san andreas

false.

anyone who is a GTA fan has San Andreas

hummm...I have GTA4 and haven't owned San Andreas, am sure they're is a good number of people in my position...also they might make it look completey different you neva know...

CaptainPrefrences said:
can that fit on 11 gigs of space

San Andreas was a 9GB game (it was on PS2's and Xbox's 9GB dual-layered discs after all) and that is the max it could possibly be. 

Additionally, you would have to factor out everything that occurred in San Andreas (the year was 1992) so that means things have changed (since GTA IV takes place fall 2007). So take out all the storyline missions from SA and re-do what is played on the radio stations. Not to mention that the storyline missions from SA take up a good portion of the game. Completing all the missions I believe, yields 68% completion (don't quote me on that). So you are removing all of that data. So now the size of such DC would be cut in half. We are looking at a 4 GB file. Roughly.