By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you believe that Zelda games should finally use voice acting?

StarcraftManiac said:

In my opinion: It doesn't matter! Zelda still rocks!!!

And when people can't find gameplay mistakes they start searching for something else: In Zelda Twilight princess that is the missing voices... Which i think is of none importance! Just a few Sony fanboys trying to downgrade Zelda by saying: Eeiw... It doesn't even have voice-acting! Pfff... Get a life! Zelda is a great franchise!

You get a life, even if Zelda is great it can be improved, don't be a fanatic.

You're the fanboy cause the second someone mentioned a tiny thing they want changed in Zelda you called em a fanboy

Sorry to break your fanboy heard but even Zelda isn't perfect...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
lolita said:

I wouldn't mind voice acting but I'd like it if they all spoke like Midna... Because it adds a certain "another world-ish" feel to the game. You know Hyrule isn't the USA, they shouldn't speak english! The text would still be there as a "translation" of what the characters say. I agree with most people that Link should remain silent, exept for of course his grunts.

I also think they should give more options in the game about what you say to a character... You can decide about Link's personality by the way you answer the questions. Example, someone asks you if you need help, you can either chose yes politely, say yes without really wanting their help or refuse with an attitude. That would give more liberty about what kind of hero Link is. Some people could chose to make him arrogant/lone wolf or very kind/light hearted hero. It would also make a difference about how the NPC see Link. Think of all the possibilities!

I support this. when I heard Midna talk in the game I asked myself why don't the other characters talk like this?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Please no voice actings in the sense of real Japanese / English voice, and Link... he should keep his mouth shut. I'm used to hear not a word out of link for like about 12 years or so and wish to continue not to hear a word out of him for another 12.

My opinion is it can completely mess up the game and the original atmosphere. It can completely ruin it for me, and that would be a nightmare as Zelda is absolutely my most favorite game franchise. Especially when it gets from out of the JP version, English voice actings, most of the times they really suck. Sorry...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

I don't mind if they keep using text...just get rid of that stupid metalic sound when the words are appearing from TP.

I think Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts have awful voice acting.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

I agree with stof. Everyone by Link should talk. And I also really liked how they had Midna talk in her gibberish language. It would be really cool if you had every race have their own language, and you had to read most of if. I think there should only be a couple races in the game that should speak English/Japanese.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

ya, gibberish would at aleast bring the characters to life. I agree with everyone by saying Link should be quiet. Alot of the main characters from games do not talk (like KOTOR and Oblivion). They need some form of voice, gibberish or English. Just do something for a start!

I wouldnt mind. I love the Zelda games, but I dont have that old school instincts (or whatever) that some hardcore Zelda lovers have that say it must never have voice acting. There is really no point, why have Zelda games never had voice acting?  I dunno, there is no law that says they cant, it just never happened and now hardcore zelda players think its a law or something.  The real problem is there is no good voice you could pick for link, there just isnt.  Gibberish wouldnt be good, it would just make it silly, and actually take away from it a little bit. (although insinificantly)

I go with the big old "NOOOOOOO" for a few simple reasons. 

1. Voice acting for games tends to suck.

2. Text in games helps kids learn to read.

3. I can imagine the characters voices and create voices myself way better then any of the voice actors Nintendo would get to do the job. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

ckmlb said:
lolita said:

I wouldn't mind voice acting but I'd like it if they all spoke like Midna... Because it adds a certain "another world-ish" feel to the game. You know Hyrule isn't the USA, they shouldn't speak english! The text would still be there as a "translation" of what the characters say. I agree with most people that Link should remain silent, exept for of course his grunts.

I also think they should give more options in the game about what you say to a character... You can decide about Link's personality by the way you answer the questions. Example, someone asks you if you need help, you can either chose yes politely, say yes without really wanting their help or refuse with an attitude. That would give more liberty about what kind of hero Link is. Some people could chose to make him arrogant/lone wolf or very kind/light hearted hero. It would also make a difference about how the NPC see Link. Think of all the possibilities!

I support this. when I heard Midna talk in the game I asked myself why don't the other characters talk like this?

Supported as well.  Midna's gibberish speech was great.  It was very well done and never got tiresome.  I would love for the whole world to be done like that.  IF they HAD to do regular english voices, then I don't want Link ever talking.   That's just not his character.