By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you believe that Zelda games should finally use voice acting?

not only that but voice acting severely limits the dialogue options in games.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:
not only that but voice acting severely limits the dialogue options in games.

How?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Voice acting would be a good addition to the Zelda series, but not if the voice actors were crappy. Something along the line of Resident Evil 4 quality would be good; just take out the cheesy dialogue.

Could at least do voice-acting for major one-time conversations and cutscenes and the like, kinda like how FFX did it. Just don't have Link speak himself. Like GTA3. :P

DKII said:
Could at least do voice-acting for major one-time conversations and cutscenes and the like, kinda like how FFX did it. Just don't have Link speak himself. Like GTA3. :P

Will Farrell for Link's voice.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

It would have to be really good VA for the game, and no VA for Link at all, just the other characters. And only in cutscenes, not everytime you walk up to someone and talk to them.

lol will ferrel would be funny ..but realistically it would be somone like haley joel osmond*sp* the kid who is sora in kingdom hearts.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I wouldn't mind voice acting but I'd like it if they all spoke like Midna... Because it adds a certain "another world-ish" feel to the game. You know Hyrule isn't the USA, they shouldn't speak english! The text would still be there as a "translation" of what the characters say. I agree with most people that Link should remain silent, exept for of course his grunts.

I also think they should give more options in the game about what you say to a character... You can decide about Link's personality by the way you answer the questions. Example, someone asks you if you need help, you can either chose yes politely, say yes without really wanting their help or refuse with an attitude. That would give more liberty about what kind of hero Link is. Some people could chose to make him arrogant/lone wolf or very kind/light hearted hero. It would also make a difference about how the NPC see Link. Think of all the possibilities!

^^^^^ very good post...i agree wth you ^^^

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I'm skeptical. Could someone point me to a game with good voice acting? I believe that voice acting done right would have to involve the voice talent into the development of the game, like in animated movies. You tape the voices first and develop the details of the movie/game according to the actors' characterizations. This could easily add another $5 or $10 million to a game's production budget. I don't think it's worth it.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.