By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you believe that Zelda games should finally use voice acting?

5-10 million?!? who would they hiring for the voices??!? John travolta? chris tucker?!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

weezy, It's not the actors' paychecks. I was suggesting that the whole game production would have to revolve around the voice talent. That would increase production costs.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said:
I'm skeptical. Could someone point me to a game with good voice acting? 
 I just finished Knights of the Old Republic. Awesome Voice acting. But like I said earlier, in Zelda games I want non english giberish speech.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ahh i see,reverie.

MynameisGARY

IMO Kingdom Hearts has top notch voice work...really a great game if you havnt tried. I had alot of fun with that game...

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

The game needs voice acting because the characters have no life to them without it. I do not agree that voice acting can ruin Zelda or most games for that matter. What made Beyond Good and Evil great to me was the awesome voice acting and made the characters feel very real and not so lifeless like in Zelda.

I think they should stay away from Voice Acting all together in the Zelda Franchise. I agree that the gibberish talk could work. Something like Banjo-Kazooie? It just wouldn't be a Zelda title (unless of course Gilbert Gottfried voiced Link himself...wtf). I think they could test the water though with another similar adventure title with full voice acting. I get dissapointed when they stray to far from what made a game appealling in the first place. Which is what i think voice acting would do to Zelda (at least for me). A little off topic - I don't understand why they feel such a need to completely redesign franchises instead of just create new IPs. I was one of the (few) people who didn't enjoy Resident Evil 4 so much because of this. I bought RE4 to play a Resident Evil game and that is not what i got at all. It is a truely remarkable game,..... but had very little in the way of a resident evil title. They could have very easily had unrecognizable characters, called it something else and still of had a great game. I think companies rely to much on there existing brands to sell product. Back on topic - If Zelda used voice acting it would probably end up feeling like RE4 did to me. Not Zelda. Why not just implement voice acting into a new adventure game all together? I don't know if this is just me being stubborn when they change my old favorite franchises (Megaman still makes me so sad nowadays) or if anyone else feels this way but it really gets to me with all the new revamped classics. And not every classic title has to be redone. They can let somethings finish at their peak of there career. Anyone agree or am I alone?

No voice acting in Zelda.

Voice acting can make a series greater (Starfox 64)

Or it can make it worse (Starfox Assault).

It either enhances the immersion making you really lose yourself in the game if well done...

Or it detracts from the good of the game because the badly done voice acting distracts you from immersing.

Keep those clippy soundbites/voice hints that Zelda is known for and keep the voice acting out.

If it's good it works but if it's bad it can actually ruin the game and that's too big a chance to take.

Imagining how the characters sound based on the little snippetty voice hints is actually more fun to me and better conveys the emotion than voice acting would.

Keep my Link mute, dammit!

John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Link should not speak but maybe zelda and the other Characters some sort of hylian language but I doubt it, it must be more expensive to make a completly new language than just take english in.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

In my opinion: It doesn't matter! Zelda still rocks!!!

And when people can't find gameplay mistakes they start searching for something else: In Zelda Twilight princess that is the missing voices... Which i think is of none importance! Just a few Sony fanboys trying to downgrade Zelda by saying: Eeiw... It doesn't even have voice-acting! Pfff... Get a life! Zelda is a great franchise!

THE NETHERLANDS