By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 14 x Million Sellers on PS3?

@ EagleEye379 )

it's really funny, that Heavenly Swords "max playtime" seems to get shorter and shorter every time someone, who obviously didn't play the game, talks about it

@ Tremble )

yea, I expect a good growth of PS3s million-seller list aswell - many of them obviously will be yearly installments of mutliplattform games, like CoD5 (it was announced for this year right?) , Fifa09, PES09, Madden09, Need for Speed whatever :P , ...

Around the Network

Heavenly Sword was barely bundled. It was done a small bit in France, but in the UK it was one of the 6 or so that you could could choose for your value pack

Lafiel said:

@ EagleEye379 )

it's really funny, that Heavenly Swords "max playtime" seems to get shorter and shorter every time someone, who obviously didn't play the game, talks about it

@ Tremble )

yea, I expect a good growth of PS3s million-seller list aswell - many of them obviously will be yearly installments of mutliplattform games, like CoD5 (it was announced for this year right?) , Fifa09, PES09, Madden09, Need for Speed whatever :P , ...

I'm still looking for the article that was posted earlie this week stating Treyarch has changed their development schedule for COD5 from 9 months to 2 years so I don't think it's coming 2008.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Its sad to see games like Warhawk and Sigma not reach a mil and people thinking HS reaching a mil is something to honour, let alone a thread everytime it happens anyway.

Warhawk is probably at around 700-800k. People seem to forget that you can downlaod from the PS Store.

Around the Network

Congrats HS ... Maybe we will see soem games that stopped selling at over 500k to get some legs with the GTA and MGS hype ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

talking about the psstore, is there a way to know the sales? I bet that warhawk must be close to the million cauz it's cheaper on the psstore than on "real" store! And what about gt5p and all the other little games?

The only number I know is the one unveiled at the psday, earlier this week in london: more than 3,5 millions playstation 3 connected in europe, and more than 60 millions items DL.

Viper1 said:
Lafiel said:

@ EagleEye379 )

@ Tremble )

I'm still looking for the article that was posted earlie this week stating Treyarch has changed their development schedule for COD5 from 9 months to 2 years so I don't think it's coming 2008.

They started earlier this time. the game is coming this fall, with an IW coming in 2009. The point is that it allows a CoD to be released every year, but allow IW to develop it every other year

dabaus513 said:
Warhawk is probably at around 700-800k. People seem to forget that you can downlaod from the PS Store.

last time I checked the leader board, the total was just over 500k

EaglesEye379 said:
Its sad to see games like Warhawk and Sigma not reach a mil and people thinking HS reaching a mil is something to honour, let alone a thread everytime it happens anyway.

This is the Sales forum. 

Heavenly Sword reaching 1 million is a significant sales milestone.

You don't like the game?  Too bad, but there are plenty of worse games that have sold more...

I wouldn't be surprised if Warhawk has already sold over the million mark including downloads.  The game wasn't even released on BD in Japan, yet there are a ruck of Japanese gamers playing it. 

PSN - hanafuda