By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Channel Released in NA

What about Europe? When do we get to get the channel?

Around the Network
nordlead said:
The first video I watched, ran perfectly, the second, not so well.

I'd blame it on Wii Fit, but it isn't out in the states yet, so I blame it on the whole eastern portion of the US waking up and installing it.

I didn't have any problems or hiccups at all. I watched at least 10 videos and downloaded the Ninja Gaiden DS demo, which is as awesome as I thought it would be. I'm on the east coast with a DSL connection by the way.

I then started recommending games that I've played and cleared out the list. The only non-VC third party games I could recommend were Ghost Squad and Godfather Blackhand. So that means Sega and EA are in on this, but I couldn't recommend Sonic SR or Madden 08...Also, I thought I might be able to recommend my Ubisoft games since there were a few Ubisoft trailers and demos, but nothing came up for Splinter Cell, Red Steel, Rayman RR, or No More Heroes. Odd. 

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

A few other things:
when watching videos the 1 button is for play/pause,B button lets you decide from which point you want to watch the video & +(plus) button let you return to the Nintendo channel overview.
The channel robbed me more blocks from my Wii than it announced.Direct after the download it said 495 blocks.But in reality it is down to 370. As Onna said: on the second turn videos run smoothly,even if you only started the video without watching it.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Speaking of blocks left on the system, Mario Kart Wii Channel, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and the Nintendo Channel robbed me blind. I'm now down to ~500 blocks left. Which is more than enough for the few Wii Ware games I'm going to buy, but if any more disc based games take +50 blocks I'm doomed.

Anyways, for those who didn't watch the intro to Nintendo Channel movie, If you click on a movie while your watching it, it will go to full screen mode.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Once it comes to the UK I'm going to buy a DS...

Any idea when it's coming to europe? The first WiiWare games seem to be May 20th

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Around the Network

^ 30th of May for Europe.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

nordlead said:
It data mines you like crazy if you let it.

I was just reading the settings. (they display on first start) and you can receive commercial advertisements for games you might like.

But they don't just recommend randomly, They will data mine your system, for games you've played, and how long you've played them, and when you played them.

Iwata is now talking to me, but I missed it, because I was writing.

So, what you're saying is it will let me know about  more games in a genre that I've played a lot?  For instance, if I've played a lot of Scarface (I haven't), it'll tell me about Godfather: Blackhand Edition and Driver: Parallel Lines?  That is awesome!  I will have to pry myself away from Professor Layton, which I just bought, to check this out after work

Can someone post a list of the available DS demos?   So far, people have mentioned Crosswords and Ninja Gaiden, both of which I'm very interested to try.  What else?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:

So, what you're saying is it will let me know about more games in a genre that I've played a lot? For instance, if I've played a lot of Scarface (I haven't), it'll tell me about Godfather: Blackhand Edition and Driver: Parallel Lines? That is awesome! I will have to pry myself away from Professor Layton, which I just bought, to check this out after work

Can someone post a list of the available DS demos? So far, people have mentioned Crosswords and Ninja Gaiden, both of which I'm very interested to try. What else?

From what I gather, the game sugestions work just like that.

as for DS demos (off of memory)

Brain Age 2
Flash Focus
Crosswords DS
Jam Session
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Cooking Mama 2
Disney Friends
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

I'm pretty sure that is everything. 

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It doesn't have a complete list of games. There were some games I wanted to rate, but they are not there. Just seems odd that it's not complete.

Yeah, that does sound a little strange--I don't see how third-parties would have a problem with people being able to rate their games...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."