By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: First Day Sales (RE4:Wii, 30k)

Oh... yeah i suppose so! But the game is going to be developed for the 360 and PS3 as far as I'm aware so far? And I would expect that it should stay there... down-grading the game from these consoles isn't going to do the game any favours...

Around the Network

No, but it'd do Capcom's wallet some favors :)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
OriGin - My point was that what *if* by some reason, RE4Wii did insane numbers - 50k, and held for 500k or more? Don't you think at that point, Capcom would decide "hey, lets moneyhat RE5?)

Probably not.

Remember that Umbrella Chronicles is pretty much a Wii exclusive (for now anyway). If this does huge numbers, they might bring RE5 to the Wii - using a similar style of control. If it doesn't - still will see how RE5 does on the other platforms. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

30k is very good for a first day. I expect due to it being a game most of it's buyers will have played before on another system that it won't be the typical frontloaded game in Japan. 250k-300k total is probably reasonable.

250-300k would be insane, very few games have legs like that. expect around 100k

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

I don't know how anyone can think 30k for  such title is a very good score. There was a tv spot, hype, great score from Famitsu, small penetration of PS2's and GC's version, controls optimisation... It's insane. When VF5 made same number with much smaller user base you called it a mega-bomb. It's funny.

kber81... Fair enough... But VF5 was a new entry in a longlasting series which was known to sell about 1 mil+ ww... So it kinda sucked sales wise.

However. R4 is about 2-3 years old now and Capcom said they'd be happy if it sells like 300-400k WW. And they'll start making a profit at 100k... Which means they WILL make profit on this port. On anoher note... The game is being recycled... As such... There won't be a big hype around it cause most of the people are already up to date on most of the content in this title!

Add this all up and then 30k FIRST DAY!!! is good! (essentialy this means like 50k first week, and 120k total for Japan)

THE NETHERLANDS

uh, VF4 outsold RE4 on GC and PS2 combined by over 100k. VF5 is what you call a bomb, not a remake of a 3 year old game. RE4 is likely to outsell VF5 by a little bit, and I don't think capcom was expecting more. I think you were expecting too much for this title.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

low sales, must be summer.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Since no one knows what RE5 graphics are, we can't assume whether its for the Wii or not. We've only seen a demo video made before the game engine or any of the game development began.

The Wii is a long distance runner, not a sprinter, it the games sales in the long run that determines its success, not its initial burst. By your logic, the PS3 has sold the most consoles because of its first week sales.