By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: First Day Sales (RE4:Wii, 30k)

1. There has been no media or news released for RE5 since the prerender trailer shown at E32k6, that's a year and 8 months since we've seen anything. 2. At Capcom's gameday, they showed nothing for RE5. Not only that, but there were NO, I repeat, NO RETAIL games shown for the PS360. The only non-downloadable games for any of the three consoles were RE:UC, RE4 Wii, and Treasure Island Z. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think Capcom is planning on keeping RE5 on the Wii as well. It's a new console generation. If they were going to release the sequel to their flagship franchise, they'd probably port the previous game to the console beforehand in order to build up some fanbase first. In that case, why no PS360 port of RE4?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

yea we really know nothing about RE5, but i think it will be on 360/PS3 because of the fact that RE:UC is on Wii, and Capcom's attitude toward Wii. I think Capcom will change it's attitude towards Wii over time, but not yet.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The only non-downloadable games for any of the three consoles were RE:UC, RE4 Wii, and Treasure Island Z. Nope, they shpwed DMC 4 too, but they forced media to keep it under embargo until May. Anyway, knowing how Capcom loves money, they may bring it to Wii after the other versions.

johnsobas said:
yea we really know nothing about RE5, but i think it will be on 360/PS3 because of the fact that RE:UC is on Wii, and Capcom's attitude toward Wii. I think Capcom will change it's attitude towards Wii over time, but not yet.

As for now there is no reason to change attitude. RE4 only aknowledge what everyone expects from Wii. It's a family system and this isn't a family game.

again, you had too high expectations for a port of a 3 year old game that didn't sell that well to begin with.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Also RE4 is cheaper than other games, while still being a very nice game. That might give it some edge not on people that pre-order or buy the first day (those will pay almost anything you ask), but on people just passing by looking for some game to buy (for themselves, as a gift). As long as it's available and given some exposure, it may have some legs.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
kber81 said:
I don't know how anyone can think 30k for such title is a very good score. There was a tv spot, hype, great score from Famitsu, small penetration of PS2's and GC's version, controls optimisation... It's insane. When VF5 made same number with much smaller user base you called it a mega-bomb. It's funny.

Are you comparing one of the most popular arcade fighting games in ALL of Japan releasing on consoles for the first time as a timed exclusive to a game that is 3 years old and has ALREADY BEEN RELEASED 3 OTHER TIMES?

Tell me thats not what your doing. Please....tell me your not trying to say that is in any way comparable.

Sega is probably choking right now just because the 4th release of a 3 year old game is looking like it may match the sales of VF5.

Now THATS funny... 

Im gonna get RE4 whenever it comes to the Wii in the US (unless its already here lol).
And I don't mean to sound like a rabid fanboy, but golf games just aren't the same for me anymore unless I have a Wii-remote.

i cant believe im reading all you saying that 11k and 30k is good... if it were a ps3 game most of you would be bashing plain and simple..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

kber81 said:
johnsobas said:

As for now there is no reason to change attitude. RE4 only aknowledge what everyone expects from Wii. It's a family system and this isn't a family game.

Neither is Red Steel.  It's a violent game.  Hell, it's a BAD violent game, and it still sold over 1 million copies.  There is obviously a Wii violent game user base, but this is Japan, not America, and the game is 3 years old.  Manhunt 2 will be a much bette gauge.