By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan: First Day Sales (RE4:Wii, 30k)

johnsobas said:
wait is that guilty gear the one on the PS2 or Wii? I guess it must be the one on PS2.

It's on the Wii, comes out in the US July 30 and I can't fuckin wait. I dunno if they are adding any more characters or anything, but I'm hoping they are.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Forza 2 did 11.5k in Japan first WEEK!

However Resi 4 didn't do as good as i thought... It didn't do bad! 30k is still very solid to reach 100-150k in Japan if it has some legs!

And Hot shots did TOO WORSE! JUST TOO FUNNY! 2k!!!

Some Sony fanboys did even dare to say that this and NGS would be the resurection of the PS3 in Japan!

Lol! Just look at the numbers!

Man you are such a fanboy, read better before you jump to conclusions, that's not that game...

30k for RE4 is quite good when you look at the weekly sales in past. compare it with other wii games - for an old game the sales are great.

StarcraftManiac said:

Forza 2 did 11.5k in Japan first WEEK!

However Resi 4 didn't do as good as i thought... It didn't do bad! 30k is still very solid to reach 100-150k in Japan if it has some legs!

And Hot shots did TOO WORSE! JUST TOO FUNNY! 2k!!!

Some Sony fanboys did even dare to say that this and NGS would be the resurection of the PS3 in Japan!

Lol! Just look at the numbers!

*Slaps hand against head* the hot shots golf game that came out this week was a psp game not the ps3 game that is coming out in july. The psp version that came this week is only a re-release and has been out for the ps2 and gc for ages.

Judging by how well K7 did, and every other recent re-hash (Tales Of ring a bell?), I guess its understandable. And also shows that RE might have a fanbase still in Japan. On second thought, do you think Capcom ported RE4 to judge how well a possible RE5 Wii could do? Something to ponder.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I wouldn't judge too much from first week sales, especially on Nintendo platforms. Many Wii titles have kept selling well after launch in Japan.

mrstickball said:
Judging by how well K7 did, and every other recent re-hash (Tales Of ring a bell?), I guess its understandable. And also shows that RE might have a fanbase still in Japan. On second thought, do you think Capcom ported RE4 to judge how well a possible RE5 Wii could do? Something to ponder.

Doubt it, have you seen the RE 5 graphics? They are not Wii graphics. They are going with spinoffs for the Wii.

Namco, Square and Capcom are doing spinoffs of their big games on the Wii and keeping the big franchises still on 360/PS3. 

stickball if capcom were to judge how well RE5 Wii could do by releasing RE4 Wii then they are completely deluded.. a lot of people who have played RE4 on GameCube would own a Wii and therefore the Wii because their natural next choice... I think if most people from that target have owned it already then they wont buy it again. The reason they did it as to try and capitalise upon any 'new' players to Nintendo, who haven't played RE4 before and might be able to enjoy this game for the first time... it's a small market, but the development of this game would have cost close to nothing (its like porting a game from gamecube to gamecube really) This thread isn't about Hot Shots Golf on PS3 or the PS3 selling bad in Japan, but the reason the PS3 isn't selling well in Japan is not because it doesn't have any games or because it's too expensive (well those things ad to the reasons I want to give). It's because it's TOO BIG and because it's not cool to play or own a PS3, Japanese are such sheep like this... this gen is finished for PS3 in Japan, it's never going to overtake Wii... it'll probably sell decent, like the PSP.

I think you all took all of these numbers the wrong way. Lets start with HSG

This release is actually a RE release of the same HSG thats already out for the PSP in Japan.

Same game, but this one has GPS support.....Thats all...

Seriously, there is no way anyone should have expected this to sell much. You can likely pick up a much cheaper version of the same game used w/o GPS or you could just buy a new copy of the GPS version for a cheaper dollar figure than this new rerelease. How many people really care about whether or not their version has GPS?

And for RE, 30k for its first day would mean like 50k for the week. However dont forget this is RE:4's 4th release lmao. GC version, PS2 version, PS2 Budget version, and now the Wii version. I dont mind capcom cashing in since they missed the boat I guess, but Im surprised this think might even manage to creep to 100k lifetime. Way to many releases for RE:4 in such a short amount of years.

So I basically think RE:4 did decently, and I dont think this HSG release means ANYTHING negative for the release of the PS3 version this July. Not at all when you look at the whole picture.

Edit: Aww man someone already point this stuff out. I need to refresh threads I opened a long time ago before replying. Had no idea the thread had grown like that lol.

OriGin - My point was that what *if* by some reason, RE4Wii did insane numbers - 50k, and held for 500k or more? Don't you think at that point, Capcom would decide "hey, lets moneyhat RE5?)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.