By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WE WANT BALANCE!! Mods actions are either non existent or out of control...

And now mod standards are incredibly tough to ensure we don't have a repeat of what we like to call Montanamadness.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
NYANKS said:
What is required to become a mod, in all seriousness?

Being well known, being there at the right time, recommendation by others.

I mean, look at me. By modern Vgchartz standards, I was the least likely person on the site to become a mod. And look at me now, I'm a mod. 

what i like about most the mods is their great sense of humor, you guys make me laugh constently when you guys post. But do you guys ever disagree on a banning and had to go to ioi  for a decision?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The thing I would like to know is whenever mods talk good about certain users that behave and follow the rules like I don't know maybe cough ctk cough.

Well, not everyone banned is necessarily a troll or fanboy. People make mistakes that require banning sometimes. I have been guilty on several occasions, but rarely if ever have I felt that one of my bans was not somewhat deserved, if only for my poor wording.

I think the mods certainly did get together and plan a small crackdown, but non-permabans are really nothing, that's short term and they are just used to affect the direction of the site, and keep our eyes on the ball.

Edit: and yeah, consistancy is an issue with any website. Trust me when I tell you if everything was uniform and strict, it would result in more bans, not less.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

stof said:
And now mod standards are incredibly tough to ensure we don't have a repeat of what we like to call Montanamadness.

lmao

Montana, dude, your a fine mod. Don't be dissing yourself in front of the kids, in all seriousness, you complete me. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Well, not everyone banned is necessarily a troll or fanboy. People make mistakes that require banning sometimes. I have been guilty on several occasions, but rarely if ever have I felt that one of my bans was not somewhat deserved, if only for my poor wording.

I think the mods certainly did get together and plan a small crackdown, but non-permabans are really nothing, that's short term and they are just used to affect the direction of the site, and keep our eyes on the ball.

Trust me, I'm a mod, I've seen the mod forums. We didn't plan anything. I didn't even know this "crackdown" was taking place. I'm still not even sure what this crackdown was.

Sometimes things just get hectic. I remember things got bad during the Halo 3 launch. And GTA IV seems to be having a similar effect. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Trust me, I'm a mod, I've seen the mod forums. We didn't plan anything. I didn't even know this "crackdown" was taking place. I'm still not even sure what this crackdown was.

Sometimes things just get hectic. I remember things got bad during the Halo 3 launch. And GTA IV seems to be having a similar effect.

I trust you man. I was mistaken.

...at this point, I should also make known that I've only read about 6 or 7 of the latest posts on this topic, lol. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think I have to say this site has the most active Mod staff of any of the sites I visit.

At least they are dedicated.

The titles says "Non Existant" but I see them 6/10 times in threads that start to get out of hand and I understand they also have personal lives, so honestly 60% is great. This is a very social forum.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
i propose an experiment: change all the mods for one day. give rubang, his ghost, his arch nemesis, his weird finnish pal and the australarian fzero fetischist the mod powers for that day. see what happens.

chaos will be let loose. pandoras box opened, hyrules moon descending, vaat behaving like a man and not a girl, all at once.

then cut and curtain close.

after that, no one will complain no more.

That's a great idea and something we should do.

It's really the only way I can ever be a mod for a day. If I would get promoted the regular way, naznatips would instantly ban me, because he can't allow me having power, he thinks I can't handle it. Yes, that's what he told me.

Not if I ban Montana first!

dawve24 said:
I have seen plenty of trolls getting left alone and once or twice mods agreeing with them. Lets be honest although i agree leo brought a lot of it on himself i could here the running feet of those desperate to wind him up every time he posted.

I do think the mods do a good job and this is a great site i do not have to agree with everything the mods decide or others think. As I previously stated I tried to find out why leo-j was perma banned and the best i could come up with is his gta iv will kill the wii statement. I say again a perma ban for one so young is harsh. Does not take into account growing up, becoming more mature or mellowing out in the future.

Leo-j was banned for repeatedly insulting behavior despite warnings and an extensive previous ban history (banned over 20 times).  Bans are progressive under the current system.  If you are showing no sign of behavioral improvement and continually repeating the same offense you will be banned longer and longer and eventually perma-banned.  Leo-j was actually allowed to run free far longer than any other member in the past.  

It really doesn't matter if you agree with all of our decisions or not.  Not to sound like a jerk, but we are the mods, and we are the ones who decide what needs to be done to keep the site in order.   And yes, most major decisions (including perma-bans) are made by the entirity of the moderating staff.