By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WE WANT BALANCE!! Mods actions are either non existent or out of control...

if you guys wanted to, who would you bring back from perma ban?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I'm still waiting for an answer mods do you talk good about certain members that behave?

psrock said:
if you guys wanted to, who would you bring back from perma ban?

lol. But it would be interesting to see who they would pick to bring back from the dead. 

twesterm said:
RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
i propose an experiment: change all the mods for one day. give rubang, his ghost, his arch nemesis, his weird finnish pal and the australarian fzero fetischist the mod powers for that day. see what happens.

chaos will be let loose. pandoras box opened, hyrules moon descending, vaat behaving like a man and not a girl, all at once.

then cut and curtain close.

after that, no one will complain no more.

That's a great idea and something we should do.

It's really the only way I can ever be a mod for a day. If I would get promoted the regular way, naznatips would instantly ban me, because he can't allow me having power, he thinks I can't handle it. Yes, that's what he told me.

Not if I ban Montana first!

Euh don't you mean Nazna?

RolStoppable said:
Faxanadu said:
i propose an experiment: change all the mods for one day. give rubang, his ghost, his arch nemesis, his weird finnish pal and the australarian fzero fetischist the mod powers for that day. see what happens.

chaos will be let loose. pandoras box opened, hyrules moon descending, vaat behaving like a man and not a girl, all at once.

then cut and curtain close.

after that, no one will complain no more.

That's a great idea and something we should do.

It's really the only way I can ever be a mod for a day. If I would get promoted the regular way, naznatips would instantly ban me, because he can't allow me having power, he thinks I can't handle it. Yes, that's what he told me.

No no no. I said I didn't trust you with power, not that you couldn't handle power. You know how to handle it very well. That's the scary part. You should never trust people with Kim Possible avatars though.

@psrock: Yes, permabans can be reversed if we decide to, but it's very unlikely anymore. There was a time when permabans were decided by individual mods, but now anything over 30 days is a group decision. So since everyone decided on it, chances are everyone agrees with it.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
I'm still waiting for an answer mods do you talk good about certain members that behave?

It will come up from time to time. Usually, if we aren't talking about you, it's a good thing.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@naz. Your correct it doesnt matter if i agree but i have a right to make my points and now that i have i will let the matter drop.

naznatips said:
dawve24 said:
I have seen plenty of trolls getting left alone and once or twice mods agreeing with them. Lets be honest although i agree leo brought a lot of it on himself i could here the running feet of those desperate to wind him up every time he posted.

I do think the mods do a good job and this is a great site i do not have to agree with everything the mods decide or others think. As I previously stated I tried to find out why leo-j was perma banned and the best i could come up with is his gta iv will kill the wii statement. I say again a perma ban for one so young is harsh. Does not take into account growing up, becoming more mature or mellowing out in the future.

Leo-j was banned for repeatedly insulting behavior despite warnings and an extensive previous ban history (banned over 20 times).  Bans are progressive under the current system.  If you are showing no sign of behavioral improvement and continually repeating the same offense you will be banned longer and longer and eventually perma-banned.  Leo-j was actually allowed to run free far longer than any other member in the past.  

It really doesn't matter if you agree with all of our decisions or not.  Not to sound like a jerk, but we are the mods, and we are the ones who decide what needs to be done to keep the site in order.   And yes, most major decisions (including perma-bans) are made by the entirity of the moderating staff.

I think you guys do great. Any problem I have ever had with any members has always been takin care of in a timely fasion or reply wih reason why I was off base.

That said it does matter what the members think, Its why you do what you do. If you just started banning random people well then lots would leave. And that would be bad.

The key here is that the moderating is careid out in a justified fashon that improves the forums, consents with ioi's wishes, and promotes new users to join.

There's always room for improvement in all things, but considering the tight line you must walk. I have no issues worth complaining about.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
ZenfoldorVGI said:
stof said:
And now mod standards are incredibly tough to ensure we don't have a repeat of what we like to call Montanamadness.

lmao

Montana, dude, your a fine mod. Don't be dissing yourself in front of the kids, in all seriousness, you complete me.

Of course I'm a good mod. But I was one crazy guy when I started out.

And thanks, that means a lot.

I got something in both my eyes... 

who's the the toughest to deal with?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)