By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boom Blox can sell?

There are still no reviews for this game...are you people saying its good because you played it or because its on the wii.

Reason why I ask is because it looks interesting and I may pick it up if its good...

Around the Network

Dis, are Wii gamers not allowed to hype a game unless we play it or read reviews? I mean, I see twice the hype for PS3 games that who know how many months/years away.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Dis, are Wii gamers not allowed to hype a game unless we play it or read reviews? I mean, I see twice the hype for PS3 games that who know how many months/years away.

I didn't mean it like that...I jsut want to know if I can buy it on tuesday or should I wait for reviews.

So far the trades and reviewers that have played it seemed very positive. I hope they are right as it is getting a day 1 purchase from me! I was pretty interested and between the video preview on Xplay and comments on the IGN podcast I decided to go for it. Neither mentioned anything about falling in endless pits :)

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Actually I'm not hyping I'm just confused about it's potential XD.

I didn't notice anyone hyping either... in fact I want to know when or if their planing on hyping this game ("their" being those in charge of production and marketing.)

Also the point someone else made clear that I failed to is that this is Speilburg's first direct attempt to make a game - what would the effect be if this floped or took off on Hollywood?

Can a movie directors name move games?

As for people saying it's good, they have been refferencing their viewing trailers and gameplay videos which I've seen around the web myself. So I don't think it has anything to do with it just being on the wii, as EA has claimed they want it to hit as many platforms as possible.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
radioioRobert said:
Did Atari use Steven Spielberg's name on the box for E.T.? Not that he had anything to do with the actual game, but have any Steven Spielberg movies had successful games?

If not Boom Blox might suffer the Steven Spielberg curse!

The Dig was pretty successful, though it wasn't a movie game.

I want the game to succeed, but couldn't help the ET reference. I read an article yesterday where a Japanese developer claimed the DS/Wii/Nintendo was poised to fall harder than Atari did with "the Crash".

I thought the Spielberg connection just seemed ironic.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Robert, I read that as well and couldn't believe what I was reading. He insisted it was up to Nintendo to keep a new crash from happening. No mention of how MS or Sony are affecting such things or their part in preventing it.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I'm not too happy with the cover art or price as far as potential goes.

Carnival Games does so well because it's immediately obvious to anyone at all what to expect from it. MySims benefits from Sims familiarity and RRR benefits from A) being a launch title B) Being cheap and fun C) Good word of mouth (RRR2 benefits from the success of RRR)

Boom Blox is not an immediately obviously fun game. Nor does the cover art really give a good indication of why the game is fun. It's has no branding (like Sims) nor is it cheap.

So to be successful it really depends on - Advertising, Brand power of Spielburg, great word of mouth and addictive gameplay.

Zack & Wiki is a great game (and still selling modest amounts weekly) but even good word of mouth isn't helping this game be very successful (I do thing it'll eventually break a million, if it gets sequels)

radioioRobert said:
I want the game to succeed, but couldn't help the ET reference. I read an article yesterday where a Japanese developer claimed the DS/Wii/Nintendo was poised to fall harder than Atari did with "the Crash".

I thought the Spielberg connection just seemed ironic.

People have been predicting that since before the Wii was released (the Wii is a fad!!).

Speilberg is actually a gamer and likes games (his son is even in the gaming industry I believe) so I have pretty good faith in him.