By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Console Sales Jump 248% On Amazon

The Xbox 360 is definitely benefiting from the release of GTA IV. While some were concerned (for no reason) that gamers would associate GTA with Playstation only, the latest GTA game has boosted 360 sales a whopping 248% on Amazon alone.

GTA IV is the latest title in the popular game series focused on living a deprived life by killing, drinking and driving, and associating with prostitutes. Of course if you don’t know what GTA IV is, you need a lot more than this article to get caught up.

According to several sources, GTA IV has been put on backorder at several brick & mortar stores where the game was sold out. The same can’t be said for the actual consoles the game is played on.

We’ll keep you updated on the rest of the Xbox 360 console sales numbers once we get some early data. But if a jump of 248% for the Pro Value Bundle at the largest online retailer is a sign, then MS just made some bank.

http://xboxfamily.net/story-606-Xbox-360-Console-Sales-Jump-248-On-Amazon.html

If this is true, it is very promising for the 360 as many people were saying the ps3 was going to benefit more from the release of gta.

Around the Network

Yes but Ps3 was still ahead of it despite that also AMAZON...well there is hate toward ANY sales figures coming from AMAZON here..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pitiful sony fanboys.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

yay, dead baby seals!!

haha...yeah next week will be interesting. I've put some major VG dollars on a bet that 360 outsells the ps3 in NA next week...

disolitude said:
haha...yeah next week will be interesting. I've put some major VG dollars on a bet that 360 outsells the ps3 in NA next week...

You mean in HW!? If so good luck!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Strategyking92 said:
pitiful sony fanboys.

i don't think you "get" amazon sales rankings.

360 doesn't sell well at Amazon, and they went up by 248%! That's a lot for amazon.
Can't wait till the figures come out on Wednesday or so.
360 console and games will get a great boost.