By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think a FF7 remake would be very akward.

Well seeing that the first RE by todays standards would be laughable and looking at REmake , I do think that FFVII would be awesome :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
I stopped reading after the line "Sephiroth is oft considered one of the biggest bad asses in videogames."

Actually, that's a lie, I kept reading, but still... wow.

Anyway, as a counter point, so what? If people have selective memory, that's their problem. Final Fantasy always had that outlook, serious mixed with comical. Lali Ho, Moogle, Opera, Golden Saucer, Musical shows, Traveling Theatre, Blitzball. Final Fantasy always contained weird little quirks, and often rather enjoyable ones, and HD wouldn't hurt them at all. Well, that's my opinion.

And a hell of a lot more solid than the Sephiroth one. Jesus, bad assery has fallen and no amount of phoenix down will revive it.

um......What counter point? lol.  It seemed as if you were some how going to explain how Sephiroth is not deserving of his praise and then you go off in another direction. 

It's because you cannot come up with anything! Mwahahahahahahaha!  *drinks tea with pinky up* *steals next poster's watch* <_<

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

FF7 wouldn't be crash hot if it was remade.

Look at FF3 on the DS, that was a fresh experience (first time in non-japanese countries) and it wasn't well received. FF7's gameplay mechanics may not be as old as FF3, but they are no doubt outdated by todays standards. If you wanted to see FF7 in HD graphics, watch AC.

I'm sure it'll be done eventually, but I think alot of people will be disappointed at how the games age (same reason why OoT would be terrible if remade).

Like cloud says in AC: "Stay where you belong, in my memories"

Why would you shine a spotlight on the flaws of what was a great game for the era by remaking it for today (with all the gameplay standards that people expect these days). If they remade it with updated gameplay, people who've played the original will cry foul, if they don't, people who haven't will have the same reaction that alot of younger gamers had to FF9: "wtf? how is this supposed to be one of the most classic games of all time? what is active time battle.........................."

NightStalker said:
ur use of badass was really annoying, but yea I can see what you're saying.

After I read the term, "bad ass" for the eleventh time, I stopped reading it.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

swyggi: The counter point was that I don't see the problem, historically or anything, with the lighter side of FF7 being in HD if it's re-made, simply because it's always been there and beacause some people forgot or made up things about one game or another doesn't mean others did. That was my counter-point and simple reasoning.

The discussion isn't about Sephiroth and his quantity of bad assery, hence why I didn't begin ranting on it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Imagine fighting Sephiroph in HD...

Imagine seeing all the summons in HD.

Imagine being able to relive your favorite RPG experience to date in HD.

That's why I think a FFVII remake would be full of win.

You speak a lot of sense... you always have..... well from all the stuff ive read from you O and I agree 2000% with you if you were wondering lol

Well I agree with most of your points, but don´t worry anyone will forgive or enjoy the kiddie parts in order to fight the bad-ass...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
outlawauron said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Heh Square will hear of all this and then it will be! FF7 remake for the DS! With FF4 graphical upgrades. Which all in all would be pretty cool as the "bad ass" parts will be acted out by the voice actors and the the quarky humor and one liners will only get the text treatment. I mean if they make a FF7 remake it'll probably be for DS like every other remake XD anyway I don't care too much I played it to death before I obtained literally everything in the game and got everyone up to level 99... there was nothing I didn't see or do... and remaking it I would just not do that again and if they add in some more story here and there... well I would miss out.

I'd probably roll over and vomit. The 3D character models for FF3 and FF4 are awful. They awful and are awkwardly proportioned. That would probably be a downgrade as well.

OT: Well, Lost Odyssey had it's funny and awkward moments, and that was still very enjoyable. It can possibly be even funnier to see it HD.

Nothing could be a downgrade from the original FF7 graphics.  The "remake" people made on the NES looks better then the PS1's graphics. 

swyggi said:
Fuzzmosis said:
I stopped reading after the line "Sephiroth is oft considered one of the biggest bad asses in videogames."

Actually, that's a lie, I kept reading, but still... wow.

Anyway, as a counter point, so what? If people have selective memory, that's their problem. Final Fantasy always had that outlook, serious mixed with comical. Lali Ho, Moogle, Opera, Golden Saucer, Musical shows, Traveling Theatre, Blitzball. Final Fantasy always contained weird little quirks, and often rather enjoyable ones, and HD wouldn't hurt them at all. Well, that's my opinion.

And a hell of a lot more solid than the Sephiroth one. Jesus, bad assery has fallen and no amount of phoenix down will revive it.

um......What counter point? lol. It seemed as if you were some how going to explain how Sephiroth is not deserving of his praise and then you go off in another direction.

It's because you cannot come up with anything! Mwahahahahahahaha! *drinks tea with pinky up* *steals next poster's watch* <_<

Nah, it's because FF7 is a love or hate game... usually depending on age and if you played RPGS extensivly before FF7 or if FF7 was somewhat new to you.

Bringing up points as to why Sephy was lame would just derail the thread. 

DMeisterJ said:
Imagine fighting Sephiroph in HD...

Imagine seeing all the summons in HD.

Imagine being able to relive your favorite RPG experience to date in HD.

That's why I think a FFVII remake would be full of win.

See I would hate that.  Just how i hated the FF6 remakes.

To me remakes just should not happen.  Instead they should re-release.  Either by way of discounted copy for next gen consoles or by downloads.

Remakes hurt games credibility as far as entertainment goes in my mind.  A work should stand on it's own merits on what the production team could accomplish at the time.

The only exception is where there are glaring flaws mar the game.  Like FF7's god awful graphics that are less appealing then Atari.

I'd rather have teams working on new games then remakes.