By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think a FF7 remake would be very akward.

I still anticipate VII, VIII, and IX to be ported the DS (once 512MB DS cards are available), and then all given enhanced remakes for the PSP. May not happen, but it would be nice.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Heh Square will hear of all this and then it will be! FF7 remake for the DS! With FF4 graphical upgrades. Which all in all would be pretty cool as the "bad ass" parts will be acted out by the voice actors and the the quarky humor and one liners will only get the text treatment. I mean if they make a FF7 remake it'll probably be for DS like every other remake XD anyway I don't care too much I played it to death before I obtained literally everything in the game and got everyone up to level 99... there was nothing I didn't see or do... and remaking it I would just not do that again and if they add in some more story here and there... well I would miss out.

I'd probably roll over and vomit. The 3D character models for FF3 and FF4 are awful. They awful and are awkwardly proportioned. That would probably be a downgrade as well.

OT: Well, Lost Odyssey had it's funny and awkward moments, and that was still very enjoyable. It can possibly be even funnier to see it HD.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I stopped reading after the line "Sephiroth is oft considered one of the biggest bad asses in videogames."

Actually, that's a lie, I kept reading, but still... wow.

Anyway, as a counter point, so what? If people have selective memory, that's their problem. Final Fantasy always had that outlook, serious mixed with comical. Lali Ho, Moogle, Opera, Golden Saucer, Musical shows, Traveling Theatre, Blitzball. Final Fantasy always contained weird little quirks, and often rather enjoyable ones, and HD wouldn't hurt them at all. Well, that's my opinion.

And a hell of a lot more solid than the Sephiroth one. Jesus, bad assery has fallen and no amount of phoenix down will revive it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

After playing Crisis Core, I am pretty convinced FFVII could definitely have some life in it. They may have to change some things to reflect the new look of the game, but Crisis Core, at least as far as I have gotten, has a pretty interesting and mature story.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

A FF7 remake will most likely happen because of the demand for it but not for a while.

Around the Network

i still say square should try to out do it rather than a remake seriously if they remake ff7 nomura will most likely be behind it and that just has the ingredients for bad in my opinion

Same can be said for any FF 6-9 I think if they were remade in glorious HD graphics. So many little jokes and remarks are made by the characters some would seem odd.

Esepcially if they were in cut scenes and were spoken but voices. But if they remade FFVII, I'd hate to have voices or anything like that. The funny quirky things gives it a unique property seemingly lots in more recent FFs.

Graphical remake only for me, heck I'd even want the pre-rendered screens to remain when walking around, it can cut to close up for uncontrollable scenes but otherwise..., else it just wouldn't feel like FFVII to me.

Hmm, pie.

the thing i'm taking with me from this thread is definitely the image of doing squats in HD

I want a FF6 remake

Kefka is THE BIGGEST "bad ass"

And another game I want a remake for is Xenogears, greatest love story in any videogame so far

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

FFVII Director On Chances Of A Remake

Yes, yes. Japan wants a Final Fantasy VII remake. Maybe you want a remake, too. This we know! But is it possible? Well, of course, it's possible. But what are the chances of it actually happening any time soon? Square Enix's Yoshinori Kitase, director of the original FFVII, says:

My feelings are that if a remake were to work well then all the core members of the original team must be reassembled, all the artists and designers.

The problem is that, although all of us have an idea of what a remake should be and how to do it, organising such a thing right now is logistically very difficult. All the different members are now involved in very new, very large projects like Final Fantasy XIII and those projects are going to take a while.

Maybe, when all those games are finished then we can look at doing something like that.

Of course, that said we came up with the idea for Crisis Core in just two days. It was a case of 'this is what we want to do, so let's do it'. So, you can definitely expect the probability of something spontaneous happening at some point, but it's hard to predict.

With the remake-happy way Square Enix is going these days, you can bet there's eventually going to be a FFVII. Reassuring to know that Kitase wants to do it in-house with the original team.
Kitase Interview [Bit-Tech]

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs