By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think a FF7 remake would be very akward.

so I don't agree at all, that kiddy and teen novel stuff is completely the opposite of how FFVII really is, and those scenes you are refering to, that's anime, that is supposed to be like that, it's not unique to FFVII at all like MrOuija says.. besides, those kind of scenes are great..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

actually, if Final Fantasy VII would release now with it's original content it would probably get an adult rating..

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
and it's story is also a big tragedy, with the Ancient race dying out, Aeris and her love Zack both getting killed, Sephiroth dies, Cloud and Tifa never become happy, Barret's life is ruined, Dyne is dead and his wife too, proffesor Gast is killed, Vincent life is ruined and more.. it's actually a sad story, and mature, the good part is that this all leads to the planet being saved..

I want to thank you for your full of spoilers post!

ff7 is one of my fav games of all time and seriously i do not trust this current square to do a remake.....actually i do not want a remake at all stop living in the past guys move forward

Baddman said:
ff7 is one of my fav games of all time and seriously i do not trust this current square to do a remake.....actually i do not want a remake at all stop living in the past guys move forward

Revisiting one of the best games of all time isn't "living in the past." It's called "honoring greatness."

Around the Network

A remake would maybe be enough to convince me to pick up a PS3.. though not sure what good seeing all that stuff in HD would do for me, as I have an old school TV! I just never watch TV, and I can't see myself spending all that money on a nice HDTV considering the limited time I'd spend using it.. wish they weren't so expensive.

But anyways, I'd love to see the game again with new touches and a more realistic art style.. while FF7 wasn't my favorite of the series by far, I think it'd benefit the most from a remake.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
Ajax said:
and it's story is also a big tragedy, with the Ancient race dying out, Aeris and her love Zack both getting killed, Sephiroth dies, Cloud and Tifa never become happy, Barret's life is ruined, Dyne is dead and his wife too, proffesor Gast is killed, Vincent life is ruined and more.. it's actually a sad story, and mature, the good part is that this all leads to the planet being saved..

It's really only classified as spoilers if it was posted within a year of the games release. - i think ioi said that.

EDIT: yup... in forum rules

No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them. One year is the cutoff under which a 'spoiler' becomes 'general information', which can be discussed in any thread at any time.

The_vagabond7 said:
did you not read any of that DmeisterJ? You're doing exactly what I figure most are doing. Remembering the cool parts that would look awesome if it were like Advent children except with you in control, and overlooking all the extremely akward cartoony, childish, aspects of it.

Imagine in HD cloud in a dress with tifa and aeris in a red room with don cornerio on a heart shaped bed. "I'll rip em off!" No!! I'll cut em off! Please, you wouldn't!...ect ect, que bad dialogue and bizarre akward moment that belongs in a manga meant for 13 year olds.

This is a far cry from the serious tone that the FF7 world has become known for. It would be incredibly incongruent and awkward to watch.

Ha... that was the start of what made me stop playing the first of the 3 or 4 times i played that game.  Week later was the first time i gave it away.

I suppose that is a valid point, though honestly, cloud looks like a girl so much the new FF13 character will look like him... so it won't look that out of place or be unbeliavble...

Movies have had some REALLY goofy characters like that guy before as well.

For the dialogue... well they can always go back over it and rewrite some of it... or really most of it. 

Ajax said:

Eh, it's a 10 year old game and not a very good one.  I really think 10 years is long enough to where you can talk about a game without spoilers unless someone previously asks you not too...

By the way... in Super Mario Brothers 1... eventually the Princess isn't in another castle. 

Kasz216 said:
Ajax said:

Eh, it's a 10 year old game and not a very good one.  I really think 10 years is long enough to where you can talk about a game without spoilers unless someone previously asks you not too...

By the way... in Super Mario Brothers 1... eventually the Princess isn't in another castle. 

Don't listen to him!  IT'S A LIE!!! There is no princess!  There never was!  It was always just a plot by King Koopa to lure Mario to his doom!