By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Time to kill my roommate

Frodaddyg said:
To clarify, the cord that was tripped over was the charging cord for the wireless controller. I'm no savage.

Dammit Pig, I've been trying to forget the Twins exist lately. Why must you remind me?

It's pretty rough being a Minnesota fan right now. At least I have the Packers...

Aw, shit. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:
@pig: Twins deserves to lose and suffer for making the most lopsided trade in history because they were greedy.

Are you talking about the Pierzynski or the Santana trade?

The Santana trade. Though it wasn't really a trade, more like a chairty to the mets.

And you guys forgot about the TWolfs ....

Offtopic: I also have been playing Fallout 1 and so far it's ok.... need more weight capacity for items though..... 

bbsin said:
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:
@pig: Twins deserves to lose and suffer for making the most lopsided trade in history because they were greedy.

The Santana trade. Though it wasn't really a trade, more like a chairty to the mets.

The Twins were between a rock and a hard place. While I don't think it was a good trade, it was hardly as unbalanced as you say. Shit, the Pierzynski trade that landed the Twins Bonser, Liriano, and Nathan was more unbalanced than that.

Gomez looks to be a decent player who could become a longterm table-setter for the Twins should he improve his plate discipline. Humber, Mulvey, and Guerra are up in the air. I'll remain cautiously pessimistic on them.

rocketpig said:
bbsin said:
rocketpig said:
bbsin said:

The Twins were between a rock and a hard place. While I don't think it was a good trade, it was hardly as unbalanced as you say. Shit, the Pierzynski trade that landed the Twins Bonser, Liriano, and Nathan was more unbalanced than that.

Gomez looks to be a decent player who could become a longterm table-setter for the Twins should he improve his plate discipline. Humber, Mulvey, and Guerra are up in the air. I'll remain cautiously pessimistic on them.

Ok so let me get this straight... You guys traded the BEST pitcher in the AL (who happens to be a LEFT handed pitcher) in his PRIME, for a good fielding prospect that is not very good at hitting (sub .280 in minors) a 4plus era MINOR leauge pitcher (that blew out his elbow once already) and two unknowns.... ALL of which were not even the top prospect in the Met's system who happens to be an Outfielder that fits the Twin's criteria.... I'm sorry but that's pretty dam unbalanced

I never said it wasn't unbalanced. I argued whether it was the most unbalanced trade in history, which it is not.

Trust me, I hated the trade. But there have been considerably worse trades in the history of the sport.

Around the Network

Go white sox

- god damn those cables... would could have forseen it.

@pig: Ok fair enough, let me rephrase it.
That trade was the most unbalanced trade in RECENT history and it was also the worst trade in MLB history from the outright.

I once accidentally kicked my Wii across the room while playing with my son (it was pulled out because someone plugged a gamecube controller into it).  It flipped several times, while playing a game.  No problems.

You say your console fell a few inches? 

I would think running the 360 in a hot/warm room (garage even), with the something covering the cooling holes, would cause a major problem (possible RROD). I'd keep an eye on it though so a fire doesn't start.

wow that really sux,
If I had a roomate that did that, I would definetly kill him