By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Time to kill my roommate

they better replace it, it wasn't your fault.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I was on the giving end of this one time. For a long time my friend was too cheap to get a wireless attachment for his 360 so he was draping an ethernet cable across his apartment to get internet to it. I spent the night there one night and had to leave really early in the morning before the sun was out. The sun was still down and I didn't want to wake anyone up by turning on the lights. When I went over to the door to get my shoes, I tripped over the ethernet cable and knocked his 360 off the coffee table pretty hard.

I made him test it out before I left to make sure it wasn't broken. I felt like a huge dick. About two months later I got a 360 of my own and offered him a free shot, but he didn't take it. He's a good friend.

Well, I just got a call from UPS telling me my shipment (busted Xbox) should be back tomorrow. I never heard anything from MS regarding a charge to fix it, so I'm guessing the fact it was really old helped get it fixed under warranty. Now to see if it got fixed, or replaced. I'm crossing my fingers for replaced, and getting one with an HDMI port.

Though I'm not sure how I'd have to run the cords to use HDMI out for video, but use the optical cable from my HD cables for sound. Anyone know if something like that would be possible if I don't have an HDMI input on my receiver? This thought just occurred to me.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Dunno if you can do that on the 360 or not, Fro. I would check the audio options when you get it. If there is an optical setting, it should be possible. I run a similar configuration on my PS3 because my receiver is an HDMI switcher only (meaning the cable carries no audio).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Yeah, the only thing I can think of would be leaving my HD cables in, (the cables themselves plugged into nothing) and plugging the optical cable from those into the receiver, and then running the HDMI to the TV, which has 2 HDMI ports on it. (I honestly wasn't expecting it to have them, since it's 3 years old now, but I guess when you spend big bucks on a TV you get some decent future-proofing features, like HDMI.)

If I get it back and it's fixed instead of replaced, then it's all moot anyway. Guess I'll find out tomorrow sometime. Just glad it got taken care of for free, regardless of how the ensured my system comes back in working order.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

OMG a 360 not working?!?!?! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?

Captian_Twig said:
OMG a 360 not working?!?!?! WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?

Highly useful comment. Though in this case, it was due to my roommate knocking it off a shelf and rendering the disc drive useless. Thanks for popping in, though.