By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take-Two: GTA IV Sales Forecasts Too Low

Some of these predictions are ridiculous. 9 million on opening week? That's like 30% of all X360 and PS3 owners. That high of an opening-week sell-through would be practically unprecedented.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Wow , sales will be huge . I wonder will it sell really that much ? Maybe going multiplatform wasnt a bad idea at all :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

solojohlo said:
@memory2zach There aren't even 20 million consoles sold yet in america between PS3 and 360, Do you think everyone who buys it will buy two copies or something?

Let me correct that to worlwide then. I really believe that GTAIV will sell much more than its predecessors. 8-9 million copies in one week worldwide is possible. GTAIV is among those titles that have very long legs, so doubling its worlwide sales by the end of the month is very likely imo.

There are only around 30m 360s & PS3s combined worldwide. It will sell a lot, but not that much.

memory2zack said:
solojohlo said:
@memory2zach There aren't even 20 million consoles sold yet in america between PS3 and 360, Do you think everyone who buys it will buy two copies or something?

Let me correct that to worlwide then. I really believe that GTAIV will sell much more than its predecessors. 8-9 million copies in one week worldwide is possible. GTAIV is among those titles that have very long legs, so doubling its worlwide sales by the end of the month is very likely imo.

I think GTA IV wil lsell alot but less than San Andreas ( GTA SA LTD is around 17 milion counting both Xbox and Ps2 version )

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
memory2zack said:
After a month, GTAIV will probably reach well over 20 million copies in the U.S alone.

Thats impossible, the PS3 and 360 combined arent 20 million.

mM

My question is how many damn copies of the game did they ship?

10 million?!

This is just pure lying, why are they all lying?

6 million is where it should be within the first 2~5 months.

about 8~11 million LT.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

memory2zack said:
After a month, GTAIV will probably reach well over 20 million copies in the U.S alone.

That's more than the 360's entire install base....in the US alone ? Yeah right....