By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Take-Two: GTA IV Sales Forecasts Too Low

If true, it is possible that just one or two weeks of PS3 GTA4 sales will put it on the top of the PS3 million sellers list. Motorstorm is at 3.17 Million now. That is insane. Halo 3 may take a few more weeks to pass for the 360.

Around the Network

After a month, GTAIV will probably reach well over 20 million copies in the U.S alone.

@Leo: Another new account??? Why are you able to get away with this on here?

On topic: I have a feeling that Feder is trying to bolster his stock price to fatten his wallet. He most likely has a large portion of Take Two's shares and he wants the best price for them. I don't see the game meeting his expectations with so few consoles sold.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Kyros said:
I want EA to buy them and launch its own console by the start of the next decade..

Wow that would be great. Instead of flooding my favorite consoles with their shitty sequels and destroyed gaming icons there would be one EA console I could ignore. Awesome.
And most likely they would suck terrible and get broke in the progress. A gaming world without EA would be a better place. Something to look forward to.

Dont be sure my friend. Ea has multimilion sellers with huge fanbase each one...

Take Two: GTA IV On Sale Today; UBS Ups Estimates

This is a big day for gamers: Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) finally starts selling Grand Theft Auto IV. The early reviews are glowing. UBS analyst Benjamin Schachter notes that of 31 reviews list on the Web site Metacritic.com, 24 are perfect scores. At the moment, he says, GTA IV has better scores than the highest rated game on the site, Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Schachter now thinks U.S. unit sales could reach 8 million in calendar 2008, up from his old estimate of 6 million-plus, with another 6 million units internationally.

Schachter raised his fiscal year 2008 EPS estimate on the company to $1.54 from $1.49; for ‘09 he goes to $1.64 from $1.62.

On the other hand, the stock is still largely tied to the pending $26 a share offer from Electronic Arts (ERTS), and Schachter says EA is not likely to raise its bid significantly. He thinks a price in the $26-$28 range is likely. Schachter maintains his $26 price target on the stock.

In early trading, TTWO is up 32 cents, to $26.79.

Link

Around the Network

I'm still not sure if i should get this game or not... I mean, how different can it really be to the last GTA games? I have GTA 3 and that was fun but got boring pretty quick.

I may give it a rent and see how it is :D

Dont be sure my friend. Ea has multimilion sellers with huge fanbase each one...

True on the other hand they seem to have milked a couple of their franchises too much and they are not exactly renowned for quality and have no idea about making hardware.

Microsoft at least had first-grade developers for OS, Development tools, media support and had made a couple of hardware items like controllers.

Compared to Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo Electronic arts with their 3billion revenue would be a dwarf trying to compete with the big guys.

They have no chance. The best they could do would be a glorified standardized gaming PC. So I not believe this one second but it would be fun if they tried. I would like to see EA crash and burn.

GTA IV life time sales have been forecast to sell over 25 million during the lifetimes of the XBox 360 and PS3. Taking into consideration the growth of the video game industry.

GTA IV will sell 35 million.

@memory2zach There aren't even 20 million consoles sold yet in america between PS3 and 360, Do you think everyone who buys it will buy two copies or something?

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome