By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One Week Til Her Birthday...How's This?

Vostro's (the "business" version of inspirons...but anyone can buy them) are pretty sturdy - and sometimes cheaper than their equivalent inspiron model. My 14 incher has a metal alloy chassis. I can play TF2 and ET: Quake Wars on it too. Not too shabby for $650.

Around the Network

oh boy...this is how it was for me the last time we started looking at laptops.

I'm not really the most savvy computer user out there...and I never go inside. GPU, CPU, integrated, dedicated, Ghz, Gb, hamster in a wheel, it's all such gibberish to me.

I hope I eventually make the right decision. She's getting real antsy, so I've got to think/learn quick.

well, if that's the case, just buy the laptop, It should be able to play most games (kiss Crysis goodbye, not that she will play that)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Your real question is : will it run The Sims 3 ... the answer is probably yes :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=04&kc=6W300&l=en&oc=bqdwjbg&s=bsd

Don't know if this will help but it is about $750. it has a video card that is better than onboard/integrated video.

Around the Network

It seems that when you guys post those dell configurations they take me to the baseline version of what you configured...maybe you can't link those. I only say that because the price is much lower than you have posted.

When I saw those pics I thought 'NOOOO'

But then I read your text and find out it is not a balance board and you will not give her Wii Fit.

I guess I should take a nap.

Nice Computer. I personally like HP's They have good deals for good computers. But you can't get them in green though....
Or just get a wii!!!

My friend got one the other day @ bestbuy an hour after store opening and there were still 20 left!!!

Does anyone know if amd or intel is better? This one from best buy seems to have amd....but when I try to build it at dell all I get is intel. I have read reports that amd is better...any thoughts?

super_etecoon said:
Does anyone know if amd or intel is better? This one from best buy seems to have amd....but when I try to build it at dell all I get is intel. I have read reports that amd is better...any thoughts?
Right now Intel is better, performance wise.  I was AMD only until I bought my laptop, and for 1.4Ghz it does surprisingly well at what I throw at it.