By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA4. Which sells more first week? 360 or PS3

So who wants to be brave and predict?

Around the Network

360 sells more, higher user base, done and done.

if you mean hardware then PS3, based on trends before GTA4 came out.

I'll be brave and say the console with 8 million more owners will buy more...

First week - 360
By year's end - PS3

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

The 360 will outsell the PS3 version 2:1. You see me and my friend Jose are getting it for the 360, so that's two copies. My friend Sean is getting it for the PS3, so that's one copy. Now multiply that by 1 million and you have the sales. It's common sense. Two million for 360 week one and one million for PS3 week one. It's prophecy folks.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

First week - 360
Life time - 360.

The 360 is going to sell more... on the ps3 there are a lot of casual owners and third party games doesn't seem to sell on the machine.

Besides the 360 is getting the complete GTA 4 game so that will push even more sales by year's end.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Onyxmeth said:
The 360 will outsell the PS3 version 2:1. You see me and my friend Jose are getting it for the 360, so that's two copies. My friend Sean is getting it for the PS3, so that's one copy. Now multiply that by 1 million and you have the sales. It's common sense. Two million for 360 week one and one million for PS3 week one. It's prophecy folks.

haha

carlos710 said:
First week - 360
Life time - 360.

The 360 is going to sell more... on the ps3 there are a lot of casual owners and third party games doesn't seem to sell on the machine.

Besides the 360 is getting the complete GTA 4 game so that will push even more sales by year's end.

(Looks at Assassin's Creed, COD4, DMC4, etc)

If you mean those shoddy ports, then no, 3rd party games don't sell on the system. But that's because crap doesn't sell anywhere 

BMaker11 said:
carlos710 said:
First week - 360
Life time - 360.

(Looks at Assassin's Creed, COD4, DMC4, etc)

If you mean those shoddy ports, then no, 3rd party games don't sell on the system. But that's because crap doesn't sell anywhere

(Looks at Carnival Games)

Wait a sec.....I take that back.....

My prediction:

Slight edge to the PS3. I JUST saw a commercial for GTA with an Xbox moniker afterwards.......how are they supposed to "own the launch" when they're just now marketing it to the masses? Whereas before the PS3 even came out, everyone knew it would be on there. Team that with the bundle in Europe (along with much stronger PS3 sales over there) and the small but significant boost Japan could give it, I can see the PS3 winning the first....but that's only if the match up in the US is close 

Both versions look close to the same.(graphic-wise)

360's Live and DLC gives Microsoft the edge.

IMO.