By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA4. Which sells more first week? 360 or PS3

MontanaHatchet said:
carlos710 said:
First week - 360
Life time - 360.

The 360 is going to sell more... on the ps3 there are a lot of casual owners and third party games doesn't seem to sell on the machine.

Besides the 360 is getting the complete GTA 4 game so that will push even more sales by year's end.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in freakin' days man.

Can we nominate this guy in the "Can you be banned for being too dumb" debate?

And in the end, I think that the PS3 version will sell more, although the 360 version should sell more at first. It's a game that harrows to the PS brand. The fans will come, slowly, and both versions should sell for years, although the PS3 version will likely end up having better legs.

I think you're a being a little harsh there. Calling someone dumb and then bringing up brand loyalty? If anything has been proven this gen, it's that the concept of brand loyalty as driving force in consumer behavior has been way overstated. 

Around the Network

360 handsdown, based on two things.
1. Marketing
2. Install Base.
I do expect GTA4 to move a higher amount of hardware for the PS3 though, but in terms of Software, it's the 360.

Oh, and i expect the 360 version to outsell the PS3's by atleast 2:1 in the U.S and 1.5:1 WW duriong the first week. 

Software: 360
Hardware: PS3

Dianko said:
MontanaHatchet said:
carlos710 said:
First week - 360
Life time - 360.

The 360 is going to sell more... on the ps3 there are a lot of casual owners and third party games doesn't seem to sell on the machine.

Besides the 360 is getting the complete GTA 4 game so that will push even more sales by year's end.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in freakin' days man.

Can we nominate this guy in the "Can you be banned for being too dumb" debate?

And in the end, I think that the PS3 version will sell more, although the 360 version should sell more at first. It's a game that harrows to the PS brand. The fans will come, slowly, and both versions should sell for years, although the PS3 version will likely end up having better legs.

I think you're a being a little harsh there. Calling someone dumb and then bringing up brand loyalty? If anything has been proven this gen, it's that the concept of brand loyalty as driving force in consumer behavior has been way overstated. 

I agree...Seemed like borderline trolling to me.. And from a mod?! Good god!!!!!!!

My prediction is similar to others on this thread -

US - 360 by a mile
Europe/Others - PS3 by a mile
Japan - PS3

Overall, 360 cos the 360's dominance in that market will outweigh the PS3's dominance in Others (and Japan won't make any difference).

By the end of this generation PS3 sales will exceed those of 360 easily.

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.

Around the Network

Is it true the game is being advertised in the US with only the PS3 logo at the end?
By the end of this gen, I think the PS3 version willl have sold more. Short term- wise I honestly can't give an answer. 360 has the benefit of high install base and DLC, while PS3 has the bundle with many PS2 owners waiting to upgrade.
Some people are underestimating the PS3 version if you ask me, either way it will be incredibly close.

^ Only commercials I have seen were for 360.

well, the 360 version will sell more first week and in my opinion will be #1 in lifetime sales aswell, but I think after 1 month of the 360 version dominating the gap will close week over week and at the end the ratio will be about 1.2:1

The_God_of_War said:
Is it true the game is being advertised in the US with only the PS3 logo at the end?
By the end of this gen, I think the PS3 version willl have sold more. Short term- wise I honestly can't give an answer. 360 has the benefit of high install base and DLC, while PS3 has the bundle with many PS2 owners waiting to upgrade.
Some people are underestimating the PS3 version if you ask me, either way it will be incredibly close.

The only commercials for it that I've seen have the 360 logo. That or the gamestop commercial which advertises both. That said, I haven't watched much TV in a week or so.

Seems pretty easy, 360 1st week and 360 Lifetime. Done and done (as somebody above said ;-p)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"