Japan:
360: 34K
PS3: 124K

Others:

PS3: 790K
360: 530K

total 360: 1.764 million first week
total PS3: 1.714 million

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

The answer is pretty obvious the 360 has the larger install base in two regions. The attach rate on the system is incredibly strong. The 360 version will have the extra content down the line. The console is the cheaper option. The console has the stronger hardcore presence.

The PS3 has the smaller install base, and that isn't going to change this year. Catching up in Europe may be possible before the end of the year. There is no hope in North America. The attach rate on the PS3 is weaker. The PS3 will not have the extra content available to supplement game sales later in the year. The console is more expensive. The console has a more casual presence. Like it or not many consumers bought the machine only to play movies.

I would use Assassins Creed as a good bench mark for sales. A highly hyped game that happened to be on both consoles, and started development specifically as a PS3 game. So I think that is is a very valid indicator. The difference in install base is actually deferred by the 360s stronger holiday lineup. So the numbers should be very good. They would tell me the following.

360/PS3 first week sales

NA 2.5/1
Oth 1.25/1
Jap 1/1

360/PS3 first month

NA 2.5/1
Oth 1/1.5
Jap 1/1

360/PS3 first year

NA 2.5/1
Oth 1/1.5
Jap 1/1

The only marked difference is that the more casual presence in Europe will defer the purchase into greater legs over the coarse of the first month for the PS3. While the stronger hardcore presence on the 360 will react more strongly on launch week. Further more I think Metal Gear is going to hurt Grand Theft Auto sales. While I do not think Ninja Gaiden will hurt 360 sales. So with the added boosts from the extra content and the lower console price. I fully expect the 360 to end out the year with a three to one margin in game sales.

I really do not want to touch the hardware sales. There are far too many variables at this point in time. Microsoft's production woes, tax refund time in the United States, economic health with gas prices skyrocketing. The economy is far too turbulent to get a good judge of the situation. Technically now would not be the time to purchase a console, but if you were to purchase a console what exactly motivates you to spend more.

MontanaHatchet said:
carlos710 said:
First week - 360
Life time - 360.

The 360 is going to sell more... on the ps3 there are a lot of casual owners and third party games doesn't seem to sell on the machine.

Besides the 360 is getting the complete GTA 4 game so that will push even more sales by year's end.

That is the dumbest thing I have read in freakin' days man.

Can we nominate this guy in the "Can you be banned for being too dumb" debate?

And in the end, I think that the PS3 version will sell more, although the 360 version should sell more at first. It's a game that harrows to the PS brand. The fans will come, slowly, and both versions should sell for years, although the PS3 version will likely end up having better legs.

*pokes Montana's sarcasm detector with a stick*  Nope, I'm pretty sure it's dead.

1st week: PS3 3m, 360 4m

Lifetime PS3 10m 360 10m

Many people around this site really don't know how to READ.

Thread Title : GTA4. Which sells more first week? 360 or PS3

Answer: 360's

Also good reading: OP's signature for everybody here with something else missing besides the ability to read.

Around the Network

Grand Theft Auto 4 will appeal to a larger crowd on the 360. And with the larger install base I think it's a open and shut case.

Onyxmeth said:
The 360 will outsell the PS3 version 2:1. You see me and my friend Jose are getting it for the 360, so that's two copies. My friend Sean is getting it for the PS3, so that's one copy. Now multiply that by 1 million and you have the sales. It's common sense. Two million for 360 week one and one million for PS3 week one. It's prophecy folks.

That is a very scientific approach. I do agree with you though.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Morgyn said:
PS3 in Europe.

Unsure in America.

You mean the region where the 360 has outsold the PS3 11.5m units to 4.6m?

Um... Er... Ah...

*wanders off, dizzy and confused* 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

PS3 will sell less copies, but have the higher attach rate WW.

PS3 will sell more copies in Europe

360 will sell more copies in America

Japan is obvious...

GTAIV will move more hardware on the ps3 worldwide.

360:PS3 First Week

Overall:

1.25:1.0

America:

1.65:1

Europe:

1:1.25

Japan:

1:2.5

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450