By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MK Wii is SOOOOOOO Friggen FUN!!!

Games are not about fun. MK is teh fail. I want graphics and violence. Fun is for grandmas and hookers.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

For the life of me, I just can't get excited about this game. I think it's still a holdover from the disappointment of Double Dash.

Anyway, I think this will be a renter after I finish off GTA IV and play some more Warhawk.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I know that a user with a golden wheel next to his/her name is for using the wheel peripheral on a permanent basis.

But what does the star stand for?

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

twesterm said:
Completely agree.

I was actually expecting an experience similar to Mario Kart DS since I was expecting the Wii Wheel to be a piece of crap. Luckily I was completely wrong. The Wii Wheel is awesome and the levels are just plain incredible. The bikes aren't as nearly gimmicky as I thought they would be and the game is just genuinely brilliant. Even the online works great (though I'm not that good yet, I keep getting beat >_<).

I love this game.

Wow, you know, I preordered it, but I'm going to pick it up first thing off your recomendation. I know for a fact that you're not a kart fanboy, rol and the others, who knows, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thanks Rolstoppable! Wow! I've seen the star sign like 10 days ago. Really fast obtaining stars in just so little time being available in Europe & Japan!

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Around the Network

My son just picked this game up. The wheel works very well, havn't even bothered comparing it to analog. The online is smooth and quick. Finding friends is easy. Best Online (for Wii) ever!

Aside from that this is a fun but unremarkable version of Mario Kart in my opinion. The graphics are crap, even for a Wii game, especially one coming from Nintendo. Perhaps that's the price they paid to ensure quick online though.

I think the online really makes this game, and the Wii Wheel is quite good, but I never did fancy Mario Kart and this version doesn't change that opinion. Hope some other racers come up that utilize the wheel as effectively. Wonder how Excite Truck controls with it.

Awesome, I've been hearing a lot of good things from average people. I'll definitely pick this game up with my next paycheck.

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures

Its a truly awesome game. Started inviting some of my Wii friends to join up online.

Grabbed some of the online ghost data, and raced against them - that was fun!

Also installed the MK channel - its pretty impressive how well it integrates, and automatically adds friends when a message arrives.

...and it was a great surprise to see (xxx) available as a character, once I scored a star in the first cup :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

after more time with MKWii, I can now say I have forgiven Nintendo for that black sheep MK:DD... : )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Shoot. I knew I forgot to pick up something today. Hopefully Gamestop hasn't sold my copy already. And glad to hear that it really is all its cracked up to be. I'm looking forward to playing the heck out of it when I have time, i.e. in three weeks.