By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Time to update the Wii Bingo board?

Malstrom's venerable Wii Bingo board has served us well:

B

I

N

G

O

Nintendo is destroying the industry!

When PS60 get price cut, Wii is through.

Wii Fit!!????

Nintendo is abandoning the hardcore!

When this game comes out, THEN the PS360 will take off!

Nintendo not serious about online.

Wii is just a party machine.

Wii sells because it is cheap.

Pachter says…

Nintendo milks profit due to inferior hardware!

Gamecube started well at first too…

Wii is a fad!

FREE

LOL minigames!!1!

PS3 is on a ten year plan.

Wii is two Gamecube systems put together by duct tape!

Argh!!! Non-games!!!1!!!

Wii-mote is a gimmick.

Stupid casual gamers!

Only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems.

When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii is finished.

Who cares about Wii sales? All the real games are on PS60!

Where are the third parties? LOL!

VC is overpriced rom dump!

What happens when people get bored of Wii Sports?

But I think that in light of the amazing and infantile temper tantrums of fearful fanboys that we've seen in the wake of the idiotic New York Times piece, now is a good opportunity to update it. I mean, even fanboys sometimes change their talking points.

For instance, I don't think anyone not literally wearing a tinfoil hat is still arguing that the Wii's momentum might die like the Gamecube's. I don't even remember the last time I heard "ten year plan". (No wait, I think I do. I think it was Crazzy before his most recent ban.) On the other hand, "abandoning the hardcore" never gets old, "HD will take off and help PS360" is popular with the new wave of members apparently coming from gamespot, etc. etc.

Most of these are still used at least a little bit by the hardcore Wii-haters, but I'm sure we can find some fresher material in the huge pile we have been presented with. (...get it? )

I predict that RolStoppable will be able to come up with at least a couple.

As for myself ... well, I think I'll sleep on it. But I would like to propose that we give the FREE space a subtitle: "blame Wii Fit."

P.S.  Remember, don't put an expiration date on your joke.  For instance, Malstrom wisely did not put a specific PS360 game in the upper right corner; about a dozen I can think of have occupied that space.  "Wii is a fad!" has been spouted continuously from before launch to the very articles I linked to -- that one's a keeper.  My point is, don't put one that will be yesterday's news tomorrow. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

"blame Wii Fit": the meme that will never die :o(

You need to remove the PS3 10 year plan thing as Nintendo and Sony are both doing 10 year plans now. (points and laughs at M$ if they dont decide to)

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Only Mario Fan boys! ;)

I'll give a shout out to Crazzyman!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

DarkNight_DS said:
Only Mario Fan boys! ;)

I'll give a shout out to Crazzyman!

Yes, CrazzyPatcher absolutely hates Marioboys.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii gets negative sale.
Wii can't travel back in time.
Wii would not like to play.
Wii smells like a baby.

Btw, when certain people say "Wii sucks", it would be pretty funny if someone else think that they are saying 'We' instead of 'Wii' =/

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

tiachopvutru said:
When HD adoption rate goes up, Wii gets negative sale.
Wii can't travel back in time.
Wii would not like to play.
Wii smells like a baby.

Btw, when certain people say "Wii sucks", it would be pretty funny if someone else think that they are saying 'We' instead of 'Wii' =/

But that's exactly what Phil Harrison said. Maybe he got the wrong abbreviation from Sonys PR department?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Third parties can't profit on Wii.
Nintendo is slowing down technological development.
The Wii has a low attach rate.
All the big games has had a massive sales drop after the first week.
My Wii is collecting dust right now.
All of my friends don't play with the Wii consoles anymore.
The Wii is like a virus.
The Wii is too inferior to handle all the serious games.
The Wii is full of shovelware garbage.
People get tired of waggling all the time.

Maybe replace Pachter with just any analyst? Most people don't bother specifying his name, probably because his reputation isn't all that great.

Smash Bros dropped in sales after four weeks!

No HD game has ever done that!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs