By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I would like to thank MS for GTA4

Actually no, in Europe the large majority of GTA's sold will be for the PS3 evening out any disadvantage the PS3 has in the US.

Around the Network

You people realize that there would have been so many stipulations in the contract forbidding the money being used to benefit the PS3 version right?

Unless of course your saying TT would have gone under without the money, in which case your acknowledging that Microsoft had ENORMOUS leverage that could have been used to push for HUGE exclusive DLC...........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Thank them when the exclusive content is released.

Actually you should really be thanking Epic for Unreal Engine 3. Without that the PS3 would have very likely seen a lot less games made. Especially now that it's anemic attachment rate is really coming to light.

The 360 version isn't as bad as some people think. I've heard from sources that the dev team at R* think the 360 version performs aswell as the ps3.

I wonder what happens when the 360 version is pre-installed like the ps3 version.

starcraft said:
You people realize that there would have been so many stipulations in the contract forbidding the money being used to benefit the PS3 version right?

Unless of course your saying TT would have gone under without the money, in which case your acknowledging that Microsoft had ENORMOUS leverage that could have been used to push for HUGE exclusive DLC...........

*claps hands*

Bravo Starcraft, beautiful spin!

I think that it was delayed due to the PS3 version, and while the money wasn't directly applied to the PS3, it helped cover the costs that they had associated with overhead and whatnot.  I do believe the XBOX 360 version of the game was at stake also, early reports stated that it was very choppy, and not put together, and it was shown on 360.  

But that was some beautiful spin.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@DMeisterJ,

I think MS couldn't care less about having a slightly worse version than the PS3. The fact is that more people are gonna buy the game for the 360.

Oh of course, the install base.

But it's just funny to pay for an exclusive, and have it look worse on your system.

lulz

Less loading and less framerate issues cuz the game can preload onto the PS3 hard drive... worse? did you play it? 

I don't see the point of this thread, how has microsoft contributed to the creation of GTAIV? Can you care to explain? We will get the firm answers on Tuesday, and i reckon not much will seperate the 2 systems' ability to play the game. I honestly don't know why the dlc is 360 exclusive, but seeing as i have a 360, i thank Microsoft for that.

jrix said:
DMeisterJ said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
@DMeisterJ,

I think MS couldn't care less about having a slightly worse version than the PS3. The fact is that more people are gonna buy the game for the 360.

Oh of course, the install base.

But it's just funny to pay for an exclusive, and have it look worse on your system.

lulz

Less loading and less framerate issues cuz the game can preload onto the PS3 hard drive... worse? did you play it? 

No, but IGN did.

They're not liars.

DMeisterJ said:

*claps hands* Bravo Starcraft, beautiful spin!

I think that it was delayed due to the PS3 version, and while the money wasn't directly applied to the PS3, it helped cover the costs that they had associated with overhead and whatnot. I do believe the XBOX 360 version of the game was at stake also, early reports stated that it was very choppy, and not put together, and it was shown on 360.

You blatantly ignored the crux of my point.  By your logic, MS must have had a TONNE of leverage over TT, which means they probably got some AWESOME DLC.

In any case, I thought you were getting this game for the 360? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

*claps hands* Bravo Starcraft, beautiful spin!

I think that it was delayed due to the PS3 version, and while the money wasn't directly applied to the PS3, it helped cover the costs that they had associated with overhead and whatnot. I do believe the XBOX 360 version of the game was at stake also, early reports stated that it was very choppy, and not put together, and it was shown on 360.

You blatantly ignored the crux of my point. By your logic, MS must have had a TONNE of leverage over TT, which means they probably got some AWESOME DLC.

In any case, I thought you were getting this game for the 360?

so you don't deny that you were spinning harder than katrina?