By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ckmlb said:
Ugh this crap again? Halo 3 is not HD, COD 4 is not HD, MGO is not HD...

Who cares if it's under 720p if it looks great? COD 4 is one of the best looking games and both Halo and MGO look great.

Don't even try to start saying this is not a huge leap over anything on PS2/Wii/Xbox, the difference is astronomical. The other day I was over at a friend's house and he was playing Halo 3 on an SD TV, the snowy multiplayer map (Valhalla I think it's called) and it looked beautiful, absolutely stunning both the snow and the sky.

720p, 650p, whatever. All I know is how great these games look, even on a standard tv. The jump from last gen and from Wii is huge.

720p, 650p, whatever is all 480i on a standard TV.  So I don't know what your seeing that makes it so much better than a gamecube or xbox.  The true standard is how good games look on a 1080p TV.  Because then you have to stretch the image. 

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
This thread is full of chuckles.

Textures and render resolution are independent.

A game won't suddenly jump to a new resolution from Beta to the retail SKU.

True HD is such a marketing buzzword. I'm sick of the distinction between SD and HD because it suggest and either or circumstance when there are any variation of different resolutions.

Lol @Leo-J.....again.

Laughing at me for what? MGS4 is going to possibly be at 1080p.

mM

oh god just go play the game.

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

cleveland124 said:
ckmlb said:
Ugh this crap again? Halo 3 is not HD, COD 4 is not HD, MGO is not HD...

Who cares if it's under 720p if it looks great? COD 4 is one of the best looking games and both Halo and MGO look great.

Don't even try to start saying this is not a huge leap over anything on PS2/Wii/Xbox, the difference is astronomical. The other day I was over at a friend's house and he was playing Halo 3 on an SD TV, the snowy multiplayer map (Valhalla I think it's called) and it looked beautiful, absolutely stunning both the snow and the sky.

720p, 650p, whatever. All I know is how great these games look, even on a standard tv. The jump from last gen and from Wii is huge.

720p, 650p, whatever is all 480i on a standard TV.  So I don't know what your seeing that makes it so much better than a gamecube or xbox.  The true standard is how good games look on a 1080p TV.  Because then you have to stretch the image. 

The texture resolution is still far sharper and is independant of screen resolution.  Plus draw distance, polygon count, particle effects, shaders, etc...   Resolution is only oen of many things that makes a game look great technically so even on an SD TV, the PS3 and X360 games can easily look better than last gen and Wii.

And Leo, I'm laughing because you put some much stock behind notions and ideas that just aren't going to come to fruition.

GP: Is 1080p a goal for Metal Gear Solid 4? Do you think 1080p is an important feature to have?

Kojima: In that sense, the answer is simple: we're not really insistent on sticking to HD. We're not the ones who are saying we want HD. We want something really pretty on a very small screen. But 360 and PS3 don't allow that because HD is kind of a must-have...

I'm not interested, myself, about HD at all.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

All I really care about is how good the game is. And amusingly enough, it's running in a higher resolution than Call of Duty 4, which nearly everyone compliments on its' graphics.

Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, The Darkness, any number of other games... they still look a lot better than SD material. Would I prefer that the game be 720p? Absolutely. Will I lose any sleep over it? No.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Viper1 said:

True HD is such a marketing buzzword. I'm sick of the distinction between SD and HD because it suggest and either or circumstance when there are any variation of different resolutions.

Lol @Leo-J.....again.

Proof or tro.... never mind, I know the answer...

On topic, well there you go, more games in sub-hd,who cares anyways... (This is the true power of Da cell???)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Who cares lol The game will look outstanding anyway it's played on a TV. And remember, it's on the PS3, so it's bound to look good.

FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
Viper1 said:

Lol @Leo-J.....again.

Proof or tro.... never mind, I know the answer...

On topic, well there you go, more games in sub-hd,who cares anyways... (This is the true power of Da cell???)

While I doubt that it will be native 1080p, Kojima Productions has mentioned its a possibility as posted earlier in the thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Cleveland: there's a lot more to how good a game looks than just the resolution. Do you own a 360 or PS3? play a game on it on any tv and then play a last gen game. Big difference.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

kingofwale said:
I wonder what Halo 3 Beta is running under. If I remember correctly, it's about the same?

Never tell me off for bringing a Sony comparison into a Microsoft discussion EVER again.

OT:  Neither HD console is capable of running high graphics, high physics games at 1080p. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS