By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO is not HD

kingofwale said:
if it's not HD... is it SD???

if that is the case, what is 480P then? Sub-SD?

FYI, 480p is not SD, it's ED. SD is 480i or 576i.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
Shameless said:
Metal Gear Online : Beta

Do you really think things are going to drastically change in the month or so the game has left before it goes gold? MGO is more or less finished, and is certainly feature complete. The only significant changes between now and release will be bug and exploit removal along with the possibility of some balance tweaks. At most you could see some minor geometry changes, but thats about it.

But the main thing is I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if MGS4 itself ends up rendering at the same resolution. In fact, I expect it to. The games are using the same engine and it just doesn't make sense to have MGO run at a lower resolution - especially when dropping resolution is harder than dumbing down textures and effects. Furthermore, as described at B3D, the resolution MGO is running at makes a whole lot of sense for the PS3s hardware and works out quite nicely. And the comments made by Kojima mentioning that HD isn't that important back this.

TL;DR - MGO is practically finished, MGS4 will be 665p.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

nokay

MGS 4 looks better than MGO.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!