By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does anyone believes that GOW2 will be the best looking game of this gen ??

I cant really see a game looking better than GT5:P, until GT5 itself. So no.

Around the Network
Tuulikk said:
How was it now? Better graphics chip and RAM on Xbox 360 and more horsepower on PS3?

The Cell rapes the 360's CPU, and the 360 cannot use all its 512mb of ram for graphics, it can only use just above 300mb of ram for graphics. Graphics "Card" is just barely better on the 360, but dont forget the CELL is capable of rendering real time graphics without the RSX doing anything to support it.

mM

good chance that Capcom will make your eyes smile with Resident 5...

''Hadouken!''

leo-j said:
Tuulikk said:
How was it now? Better graphics chip and RAM on Xbox 360 and more horsepower on PS3?

The Cell rapes the 360's CPU, and the 360 cannot use all its 512mb of ram for graphics, it can only use just above 300mb of ram for graphics. Graphics "Card" is just barely better on the 360, but dont forget the CELL is capable of rendering real time graphics without the RSX doing anything to support it.

Thanks for the answer, man!

I did not know about Xbox 360 to only be able to use 300 MB RAM for graphis. anyway, still better than PS3s 256 MB for graphics?

True about Cell i guess, RSX came in late in the making right?

I still think there is much left in graphics to explore on Xbox 360. But to just have DVD and not copyng parts of games to HDD must be really bad for the future, just like the limited gamesizes for N64, right?

leo-j said:
Tuulikk said:

Oh dear, oh my... so the 360 can't use all 512MB (pay attention: mb = millibit, which does not really mean anything at all since a bit is generally considered to be the smallest unit of information in existance, hence you can't divide it by one thousand like you're implying) for graphics, but how about PS3? For clarity's sake lets disregard the OS.

And what about rendering real time graphics? What the hell does that even mean? Did you mean this?

Pleasepleaseprettyplease if you're going to talk in technical terms, talk about something that you know, mmkay?

Around the Network

MB is megabyte dude

''Hadouken!''

it will have the best looking and most variations of brown of this generation

We need a new abbreviation for Gears of War II. I keep thinking God of War II when I see GOWII, even though I have no interest in the game.

On topic, it is too early to tell if Gears of War II wil have the best graphics. We will have to wait and see.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I say 100% no. If for no other reason, then Gears of War 3 will come out this Gen. I am sure it will look better then Gears of War 2.

i dont know who to answer that. gears one i thought looked IDENTICAL to resistance 1 but everything was SUPER shiny. it almost looked like fake shadows or something. you would walk into a pitch dark hallway and everything would still be lit up on the screen from all the glare. it almost looked fake instead of really real. it also was a bit foggy or not as colorful, reminded me of rainbowsix vegas. it was a big step in the right direction though. i bet the next one will look great, but wont play nearly as well as r2 or killzone2.