By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stop Korea from legalizing dog meat consumption

it's the way dogs are farmed for their meat that's wrong.

Fine I think all of us agree with you on this. Why does your thread say

" Stop Korea from legalizing dog meat consumption"

then and not for example

"Stop Korea from treating dogs cruelly"

I am pretty sure that legalizing dog meat consumption and having stricter controls would be better in this regard.

Around the Network

^If they were willing to make vast changes... and I mean VAST changes, then yeah there wouldn't be a problem. However, legalising it may just cause more dogs to suffer if conditions don't improve.

Saying "legalizing dog meat" and "treating dogs cruelly" go hand in hand, and the traditional farming methods need to be changed radically.

Why do people think it's their right to tell Koreans not to eat an animal or how to treat said animal? A dog is no different than a pig or cow and those are treated pretty horribly all over the world.

I hate people.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

My bottom line is I would be for it, but they need to change everything about it. All farmed animals get a bad hand in life but farmed dogs get it 10 times worse. If massive changes were to be made and the cruel traditional methods were completely scrapped then I would support it. But chances are that may never happen.

I kinda find it strange about eating Dogs, but we do this to other animals and its their culture, so... its all right with me

Around the Network

At the risk of sounding self-centered, why does this matter? This is in Korea, any opinions we have are likely to be biased and misinformed, and, more than anything else, they're just eating some damn dogs. I fail to see what the big uproar is about.

In other news, since when have animals had to be legalized to be eaten. I doubt there's cow, chicken, goat, etc bills passed in the US.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I wouldn't want to see dogs being eaten, as that certainly doesn't fly over here...but Koreans are free to eat whatever animal they want as long as its not endangered...

The cruel treatment of said dogs would be worth looking into though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I grew up in Korea and ate dogs before. Don't remember what it tasted like.
This news is actually very good - it's a step forward.

I don't mind people eating dogs in Asia but the brutality is pretty bad.
For some reason, they believe beating a dog helps to tenderize the meat. This should stop.

Faxanadu said:
Hypocrisy much?

Why dont you guys give a sh%t about pigs, cows, chicken, rabbits etc.?

Why is it just barbaric to eat dog, and none of the others? Racism? not liking other cultures?

Smart Dude, Iz A AgReez

Coca-Cola said:
I grew up in Korea and ate dogs before. Don't remember what it tasted like.
This news is actually very good - it's a step forward.

It is hard to say it taste like Chicken or beef but it is for sure not bad I just can't place it.

(Maybe it also depends on the type of dog)