By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Average Wii Sits on Shelf for Just an Hour

I have twice in the last month actually seen Wiis at Wal-Mart.
In both instances, it has been on Tuesday, which is I think the day the shipment arrives. I have bought two so far (one for me, one for my sister), so I didn't grab any either time. And no, they are not the same ones as they were gone later that week.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Xeo_842 said:
The scary thing is I haven't seen a Wii on a shelf since launch.

i have never seen a wii on the shelf im my lifetime!

mike_intellivision said:
I have twice in the last month actually seen Wiis at Wal-Mart.
In both instances, it has been on Tuesday, which is I think the day the shipment arrives. I have bought two so far (one for me, one for my sister), so I didn't grab any either time. And no, they are not the same ones as they were gone later that week.

Mike from Morgantown

I happened to see one at Walmart Tuesday as well but it was sold while I was still in the electronics dept.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Reggie openly critizising the Japanese headquarters? He should raise the price of the Wii to $299, then he would probably get more than 40 % of the production.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Let's hope they raise production, so that 40% is a lot more than the 150kor so they receive every week.

Around the Network

I've seen ONE Wii on a shelf. It was launch day. I got out of bed late and was the last person to pick up my pre-order. Mine was the only one in the store, glowing and waiting for me. I had to hit up 4 more stores on the way home to get 3 more remotes, Zelda, Red Steel, and a classic controller though.

I picked up MarioKart this morning from a local JB Hifi - they were out of Wiis, an attendant was on the phone asking suppliers about them as a couple of consumers were lining up to get the news.

Can't wait to get home, and give MK a burl ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I can walk into a store near my work and get one at any time... except those m---- F----ers are charging $349 for one. Fortunately they don't seem to be selling many at that price.

I have seen them 3 times at the games store in the mall I work at (but they didn't last long despite being in $449 bundles) and twice at EB games - and bought one each time there for my two kids.

My son worked at an electronics store for a few months, they'd get a shipment in and sell out within 30-60 minutes. Basically at a rate of one/minute. And Walmart employees hate the Wii. They're always complaining it's a circus the instant they come in.

Wow. It is an incredible statement of a product's success when demand is greater than supply almost a year and a half later. I can't even think of another product that was constantly sold out for this long.

@SSJ12,

The rule of the internetz is quite clear on matters such as these:

Pics or it never happened!

Thank you, that is all~

To Each Man, Responsibility