By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Reggie: Average Wii Sits on Shelf for Just an Hour

I have never seen a Wii on the shelf, I bought mine off of Craigslist.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:
Wow, I actually thought the supply issues were improving. There is a store I frequently visit and even though it had a big section for Wii games and peripheral, I never saw a Wii in stock there since the damn thing launch. Then, just last week, I actually saw they had four Wiis for the first time since ever. I don't know if it's still there or not.

The supply issues for Wii in America are improving but still poor.  Wiis used to sell out at my Costco in 2 days, the last group of bundles took 4 days.  If you check Amazon, the Wii prices are dropping.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

When i went to JB-HIFI last week there were about 14 of them all stacked up nicely.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:
When i went to JB-HIFI last week there were about 14 of them all stacked up nicely.

Well, you're in Australia, and according to Reggie North America seems to be the only real supply constrained territory.

I for one have seen only about five actually in a store (Hollywood Video) and the only reason they didn't sell out was because they were hidden away in a corner.  The next day they put up a sign saying 'We have Wiis!' and they were instantly sold out.  Those were the last Wiis I've seen in the wild and that was a few good months ago.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

in australia it isn't too hard to find one (if not the first store, then the next one - in my area at least).. but today when i went to get mario kart today, they were completely out of wiis at two of the stores i normally go to

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
misterd said:
MANUELF said:
In my city you can find Wii in almost every store, but here almost nobody buy videogames.

And that city would be called...?

He lives in Mexico.  Rules are a little different then from the land of the disposable income and the home of people that love to spend money they don't have.

Well there you go. Totally different markets.