By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metaphor: ReFantazio - Reviews: 94 Metacritic / 92 Opencritic

Shikamo said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Fuvk sake. The trophies don't unlock. I'm going to have to start the prologue again. Man, this sucks so much balls, I'm deflated as fuck. What a shit thing for them to overlook, christ that's infuriating. 

Less than a hour to release the game on steam. I'm gonna do all the prologue again, so I dont care much about it

Yeah, it's not as a big of a deal as I thought, I hot back to where the world opens up in less than an hour and a half. 

Around the Network

Studio Zero fixed a bunch of problems in the main game compared with the demo (mainly the performance). Now I'm running at high settings at 1440p with 150% resolution scale and i'm getting 80-90 fps in the city and in the desert. The graphics received a boosted, but i still can see the low AA, maybe they will fix in the future or a mod from Nexus mod will fix that problem.

Here's a screenshot

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Dropped to 93 on MC

BraLoD said:

Dropped to 93 on MC

Opencritic is the only site that matters. The division of consoles and systems makes the score less accurate plus Opencritic vets sites far better, MC will let any clown in ready to put up a yellow score on a popular game for clicks or a green score on a trash game.

I have a complaint. I tried to go off that beaten path to do a dungeon after upping my wisdom enough to do so and the boss at the end of that dungeon was a complete brick wall. There was no indication that this would be a waste of my time, only a waste of a day on the calander and the enemies in the dungeon prior to the boss were not indicative at all of the bosses strength as they were very weak comparatively and now there is no indication of when I should return, to level meter. I could easily waste a day on the calander again only to be met with an impossible boss or end up waiting to long and have the boss be a pushover with the reward meaningless or outdated. Very poor design.

Around the Network

Yeah Metacritic is especially useless in games with more spread out reviews (in this case due to Xbox marketing). Look at the review count disparity.

Opencritic is generally a lot more indicative. One scenario where Opencritic is worse is if one version of the game is poor or broken, artificially bringing the average score of the good versions down with it.

But ultimately both review aggregators pale in comparison to the "player consensus", which is something that you can't put a number on.

Already 1m+ selled

https://www.atlus.co.jp/news/28747/

LegitHyperbole said:

I have a complaint. I tried to go off that beaten path to do a dungeon after upping my wisdom enough to do so and the boss at the end of that dungeon was a complete brick wall. There was no indication that this would be a waste of my time, only a waste of a day on the calander and the enemies in the dungeon prior to the boss were not indicative at all of the bosses strength as they were very weak comparatively and now there is no indication of when I should return, to level meter. I could easily waste a day on the calander again only to be met with an impossible boss or end up waiting to long and have the boss be a pushover with the reward meaningless or outdated. Very poor design.

Do you make use of separate save files in case you decide you dont want to spend the calendar day that way?
And some times in SMT games, bosses that seem impossible have some strategic weakness involving buffs/debuffs.

For example, one boss fight had you fight against multiple bosses that hit way too hard. The trick was to charm one of them, so he would attack the other boss with that insane power. Another boss was never able to land a hit on you if you increased everyones evasiveness. Etc.

Hiku said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Do you make use of separate save files in case you decide you dont want to spend the calendar day that way?
And some times in SMT games, bosses that seem impossible have some strategic weakness involving buffs/debuffs.

For example, one boss fight had you fight against multiple bosses that hit way too hard. The trick was to charm one of them, so he would attack the other boss with that insane power. Another boss was never able to land a hit on you if you increased everyones evasiveness. Etc.

Oh right, I was told to check a information merchant about the dungeon, maybe that's where you learn if there is a weakness or not. And yep, save scumming for sure if this is the way of it. 

Waiting for dumb Amazon to ship it. Just finished Visions of Mana yesterday on Xbox so ready for something else.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!