By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Male or female in character creators?

I choose...

Only male 5 15.63%

Only female 2 6.25%

An even mix of both 10 31.25%

Ainly male, sometimes female 10 31.25%

Mainly female, sometimes male 4 12.50%

Whatever the default is, ... 1 3.13%

Total:32

Whatever is the smaller option, so it blocks less screen space.

If it's first person I don't care, just take the default. 3rd person, small, short, camera far away preferred.

Don't get in the way of my view!

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

If it's first person I don't care, just take the default. 3rd person, small, short, camera far away preferred.

Exactly! This is my thinking too a lot of the time. As much as I want to look cool in FF14 online and play the fashion game playing ad the smallest dwarf race in the game has so many gameplay effecting upsides it's hard not to choose the little dudes. 

LegitHyperbole said:
SvennoJ said:

Exactly! This is my thinking too a lot of the time. As much as I want to look cool in FF14 online and play the fashion game playing ad the smallest dwarf race in the game has so many gameplay effecting upsides it's hard not to choose the little dudes. 

It is one of my biggest pet peeves in Gears of War and God of War. Broad shouldered giant dudes, default camera close behind, get out of my way!

I did play a female character for a while in Everquest, a female Cleric named Rauna.

It was interesting to see how much more attention she got, random gifts etc. It did get kinda uncomfortable when the guild leader started chatting me up. Sorry I'm not a real female, just a boring straight imposter.

My main character was an Erudite, Gazzook.

I'm not black either, yet Erudites had the highest int stat, good for enchanters. The giant bald forehead matches though lol.

And then I would turn everyone into frogs, nice small, out of the way

Our old crew (Reindrop is my wife now)

IcaroRibeiro said:

It's so odd for me people play like this because for me those things are distracting as hell. I always find myself starring to the women boobies and butts and lose immersion and concentration 

I saw people playing BG3 with their companions all naked and I can't see myself playing without staring Shadowheart or Astarion bootycheeks all the time 

Well according to my ex-roomie, it was like: "I'd rather stare at something nice, than something boring that doesn't jiggle". I could never understand him, despite me also being a weeb (though he was a hardcore Japanophile, you know, eats with chopsticks, speaks some Japanese phrases, that type of guy). 

I only find it distracting if it's a game where it's just the body physics of a character that go all over the place, and nothing else in-game having that level of physics (which is rare to see). 

Oh yeah, naked runs on BG3 are a thing. Some folks on a disco server I'm on are a bit like that. I like to dress my characters in style rather than with less clothing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"