By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox controller alternative? The Series X controller is terrible.

The series controller is the worse ever made. I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar on social media about it. Plastic feels like a hard chinese $2 knock off. The buttons feel cheap and click loud, and wake's my partner at night. It's impossible to game at night in the bedroom.  Can anyone reccommend an adaptor to use my ps5 controller or the switch pro controller on the series s?  Or even a xbox controller that feels as premium as the latter 2? 

Around the Network

You must be in the minority in feeling that way lol that’s why there hasn’t been any “uproar”

I personally use the GameSir Kaleid Flux. It’s the best feeling controller I’ve used. Has analog triggers and anti-drift sticks too. The only downside is it’s wired. They have other controllers too that I’m sure are wireless.

I'm sorry what? Series are some of the best controllers ever. The dpad is the best dpad since SEGA Saturn. I guess you can try 8bitdo Ultrimate controller with an adapter. Normally for Switch and PC but would need an adapter for Xbox

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

There hasn’t been an uproar because it’s a great controller.

The only adapter I’ve ever heard of that works is a Golikit Goku or something weird like that. One of my PSN buddies used it. Idk if it’s still sold or still works.

The controller is great. Hence why its identical to the Xbox One X controller, but with a share button, don't fix what isn't broken.

There is a reason why the Xbox controller dominates all other controllers on PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Series controller is so much better than One controller.

Pemalite said:

The controller is great. Hence why its identical to the Xbox One X controller, but with a share button, don't fix what isn't broken.

There is a reason why the Xbox controller dominates all other controllers on PC.

Sorry fellow australian,  but i have to assume you've never held  a playstation or nintendo controller before. 

What? It's great, I'm using it on PC

I'm opposite. Xbox has the best controller in gaming.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Come on now. I understand if people prefer the duelsense because of the varies features it has over Xbox Series, but as far as how it feels, it's one of the best controllers out there. You're off the mark on this one.