By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Do you prefer your TV over a cinema screen?

I prefer...

Cinema 8 40.00%

Home TV 10 50.00%

Home projector 0 0%

Any screen, even my phone 0 0%

Imax 1 5.00%

4DX 1 5.00%

Total:20

It depends. When I'm watching it by myself I prefer home almost always but when it's with my bf it's a mixture and for certain films not seeing them at a cinema is doing yourself a disservice unless you have a truly amazing setup. Top Gun: Maverick is the biggest example for me since that for sure would not been as enjoyable back home with a smaller screen and lower audio. It is very true that home setups keep closing the gap and I actually find my audio setup more pleasing than a lot of film screenings I've gone to despite it not been anything special but 4DX is something you won't be able to get at home unless you're quite rich so cinemas will keep having stuff like that at least.

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

My god, 98" is insanity. You'd really wanna wait for 8k on that, at what point do you start loosing image quality cause of pixel density

My next TV will likely be a 8K tv.

Wont be like for another 5 years so very likely it will be that. I can see myself getting a 8K TV in 2028 or 2029 and then sometime in the 2030s , a 98'' 8K TV.

My first 4K TV was my 75'' back in 2018 and my 85'' is my 2nd 4K tv which I got back in 2023.

I'm not in a rush to get another TV anytime soon so I could wait more than 5 years too until the TV I want becomes available. By that time I'm thinking about getting a 9.1 surround sound system as well but like I said it'll likely be closer to 2030.

What I have right now (85'' 4K with a 7.1 surround sound) was something I had planned since 2015. I always plan for stuff about a decade in advance. Same with my house, been wanting to live in this new developed area since they started development back in 2012. They are still developing buildings and more houses lol - but got lucky when I moved in 2018, now the prices of the houses here are doubled.

Last edited by BasilZero - 16 hours ago