By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play Sept 24

I'm excited to see more on Lego Horizon. Hope to get a better idea of the scope and replayability of it.

I hope for a GoT2 reveal. That would kill.

I'm interested in seeing Fairgames gameplay, if it's ready to be shown.

I do wonder if a Venom title or GoW spinoff end up being true.

Give me a JPGames exclusive... Actually just give me games. I'm sure I'll enjoy the SoP regardless of overall quality.

Around the Network
Panicradio said:

The last 1st party title teaser we had was for Wolverine. This happened in 2021.

If Sony is going to show at least one first party title presentation at today's SoP, this would be great.

It wasn't a teaser, but does Astro Bot not count? 

twintail said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I'm gonna call it, this SoP is going to piss people off somehow or leave disappointment. This is make it or break it for me, Iwether I'll be upgrading to ps5 this year or next.

This reads like you've never watched an SoP before lol

But real talk, you'll find a reason to be dissatisfied with the SoP regardless of what they show.

I would prefer to be happy. I want them to make me happy. I don't want to be dissatisfied. Why would I want to be to be unhappy 🙁 

Sucker Punch is the only hope, but I dunno if they will actually have a big new first party game announced there.

BraLoD said:

Sucker Punch is the only hope, but I dunno if they will actually have a big new first party game announced there.

I hope Sucker Punch is at least able to close the show out with a teaser. I wouldn't expect a release at least another year or two, but something to get people excited about what's to come.

Around the Network

Sucker Punch's last game was 2020. Bend was 2019. Last new game for Naughty Dog was also 2020. We know of the problems at ND with Factions, but still, I feel we are overdue on all 3 of these studios. Frankly, Bluepoint and Housemarque should be able to show something too, IMO.

I know that will not happen. It wouldn't be a State of Play if all of those devs showed something. I just think its sad we are hoping to hear from just ONE of all of those dev's. Again, shows me that something went seriously wrong at Sony's internal studios.

I'll take seeing more of Silent Hill 2. Death Stranding 2 would be good to see as well, hopefully combat has been streamlined a bit from the first one. Maybe the 2nd DLC from Alan Wake? I'd be on board for that as well. There are things they could show that are possible that would make me happy, for sure. But its sad that there are so many internal devs that havent had anything for 4-5 years and we're all just like, "yeah its too early to expect anything."

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

When I try to convert the timezones, I somehow get different times when I check BST vs PDT. @_@

Anyway, I have 0 expectations. But I'm hoping for Resiident Evil 9 or Code Veonica.

twintail said:

I'm excited to see more on Lego Horizon. Hope to get a better idea of the scope and replayability of it.

I hope for a GoT2 reveal. That would kill.

I'm interested in seeing Fairgames gameplay, if it's ready to be shown.

I do wonder if a Venom title or GoW spinoff end up being true.

Give me a JPGames exclusive... Actually just give me games. I'm sure I'll enjoy the SoP regardless of overall quality.

I have no interest in Lego games, but I'm glad some people are looking forward to it.

The first trailer for Fairgames looked so bad (to me), but it sounds like internally they still think it looks great. I would like to see more of it so I can make a better judgement than the (cringe) teaser.

I dont have much interest in Venom...I only got about 2 hours into Spider Man 2 before I was pretty bored with it (just felt so much like the original and MM), and I'm assuming it will be similar. If it got away from the open world NYC though they would bring me back in.

I dont know what JPGames is. What do they work on? 

I'm just assuming most of Sony's 1st party is not going to be revealed or I'm not interested in it, so I'm hoping for a good 3rd party showing. SH2, AW2 DLC...

One thing that would make everyone go crazy is if KOTOR remake made an appearance, but that's probably the longest shot out there.

Hiku said:

When I try to convert the timezones, I somehow get different times when I check BST vs PDT. @_@

Anyway, I have 0 expectations. But I'm hoping for Resiident Evil 9 or Code Veonica.

Oh I forgot all about Resident Evil stuff. Yeah anything from them would make me really excited. I wish they could remake 6 without it being co-op but from the sounds of it theres almost no chance of that. But 9 or Code Veronica remake would both be really exciting news.

Hiku said:

Resident Evil 9 is a given, so at least your hope will be met.

Last edited by BraLoD - on 24 September 2024