By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

For those saying things like "Switch 2 has more memory than the Series S and the GPU is at a similar level...", please hold your expectations. Remember the CPU, I highly doubt the Switch 2's CPU will come remotely close to the series' CPU.

Maybe I'm wrong, but imho, Switch 2 will not have performance close to Series S, far from it.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Random_Matt said:

It will be a cut down version.

This is a custom for Switch 2 only chip. This is the cut down whatever. The more comparable Tegra chips havd 12 CPU cores. 2049 CUDA cores. So this is it.

T234 I believe.

Manlytears said:

For those saying things like "Switch 2 has more memory than the Series S and the GPU is at a similar level...", please hold your expectations. Remember the CPU, I highly doubt the Switch 2's CPU will come remotely close to the series' CPU.

Maybe I'm wrong, but imho, Switch 2 will not have performance close to Series S, far from it.

And the S2's ram will be half the speed of the series s.

It isn't going to be as powerful as a current generation home console.  Still a huge jump over what we currently have, which is nice.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Manlytears said:

Of course, there is only one company competent with ARM.

Random_Matt said:
Leynos said:

This is a custom for Switch 2 only chip. This is the cut down whatever. The more comparable Tegra chips havd 12 CPU cores. 2049 CUDA cores. So this is it.

T234 I believe.

No it's the T239 this has been known for some time

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Random_Matt said:

T234 I believe.

No it's the T239 this has been known for some time

I was saying the T239 is related to the T234, says so in the DF article.

Now that I saw the images... I can conclude that is totally fake. Why people do this btw? Attention? Put pressure on Nintendo? Spare time? Guess we will never know...

Last edited by 160rmf - on 18 September 2024

We reap what we sow

firebush03 said:

it’s so over for Nintendo lol. I’d be shocked if this isn’t legit.

Well then prepare yourself to be "shocked" because this isn't a real leak. This "leak" is just a mockup based on an older PCB model (from my understanding). The leaker is also very inconsistent because they keep changing their story.

People need to calm their shit down asap because "leaks" are about to be an occurrence much more frequently right now. 

As for the specs, this is the only legit info we've got due to the Nvidia leak and the shipping data info we've had. 

Not saying the actual final product reveal by Nintendo has no chance of looking similar to this but people are truly to believe anything that seems relatively plausible atm. 

And we all know how incredibly thirsty people are for anything Switch related.

The only true release we'll get will be from Nintendo themselves

Edit : To slightly reiterate on what I've said, it would seem like the shots of the board come from an earlier prototype from last year. 

So technically maybe real, but good chances this isn't gonna be the current design anyway.

So we're really pedaling in muddy waters as I said.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 18 September 2024

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
firebush03 said:

it’s so over for Nintendo lol. I’d be shocked if this isn’t legit.

Well then prepare yourself to be "shocked" because this isn't a real leak. This "leak" is just a mockup based on an older PCB model (from my understanding). The leaker is also very inconsistent because they keep changing their story.

People need to calm their shit down asap because "leaks" are about to be an occurrence much more frequently right now. 

Edit : To slightly reiterate on what I've said, it would seem like the shots of the board come from an earlier prototype from last year. 

So technically maybe real, but good chances this isn't gonna be the current design anyway.

So we're really pedaling in muddy waters as I said.

You are responding to a knee-jerk comment I left at 9am. Yes, I know that the 3D renders are not real, and yes, I am aware that the physical prototype comes from an accessory manufacturer. Whether this prototype will be the actual system, it will very likely not for the exact reason you said: This is a prototype from 2023.

Your comment reads a little hostile? Is this intended?

edit: Just fixed the original comment btw. I’m sorry if I was a little too excited with that comment, I understand how annoying that behavior can be. :/

Last edited by firebush03 - on 18 September 2024

160rmf said:

Now that I saw the images... I can conclude that is totally fake. Why people do this btw? Attention? Put pressure on Nintendo? Spare time? Guess we will never know...

I don't think the PCB pic is fake but idk about the 3D models.