By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pro revealed. November 7th 2024. $699

Does it even support the buyable disk drive? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Around the Network

799 euro. They are out of their minds, that should be 634 euro. With tax included it should be on par with the 699 price tag. Sony just fucks us over here. Fuck them.

Random_Matt said:
Shaunodon said:

Hold on... is that $699 with NO disc drive?? Lmao I'm out.

*Vertical stand sold separately

Mine is £699, even worse.

I just looked up a currency conversion......that's almost $1,000 US!!! 

800€ = 880$

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

G2ThaUNiT said:

No mention of a CPU improvement, so the that will still be a bottleneck in CPU heavy games that upscaling or GPU improvements won't be able to fix.

I think they would have targeted that if CPU bottlenecks were being mentioned as a concern by developers.

That being said, 1.4x the price for 1.45x the performance is some Nvidia shit. Learning from the best, I suppose.

Around the Network

EUR 800
excludes the stand and the disc drive...

EUR 120 for Discdrive
EUR 30 for stand

Thats EUR 950 for the complete package.
(ok it includes tax, but still)

I think I'm gonna skip this one

Jules98 said:

Does it even support the buyable disk drive? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

I would hope so. That would be a PR nightmare for Sony with the already substantial pricing for the Pro.

LegitHyperbole said:

799 euro. They are out of their minds, that should be 634 euro. With tax included it should be on par with the 699 price tag. Sony just fucks us over here. Them them.

What? That's fucking insane...

UnderwaterFunktown said:

800€ = 880$

That's beyond thievery. Sony can go fuck themselves, I'm buying a used slim or fat.

Jules98 said:

Yeah it does. "Players can add an Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive"